This particular weekend was filled with more birthday celebrations. My Mom's birthday was in the middle of July but with the craziness of the summer we were a few weeks late in recognizing it...sorry Mom! We headed out to the farm on a Friday evening and we celebrated both her birthday and Hailie's birthday which is in mid August.
| Happy Birthday! |
The timing worked out well for us though. I already had a girls day planned with my Mom the next day so we decided to just stay the night in Topeka so we were able to make it out to the farm. Most of the Copp side of the family hadn't met Jane yet so it was fun to introduce her. I didn't get pictures of everyone that got to hold her but I managed a few.
| Meeting Aunt Laura |
Grandad and Grandmom had met Jane once before but this time there was more opportunity for snuggles.
| Hi Great Grandmom! |
My Dad and Hailie took Anna outside since it was a pretty nice evening. They were having fun hitting the propane tank with their hands and hearing the sounds it made. They came across this blue barrel and when they hit on hit a mama cat came running out. I happened to come outside shortly after this and Anna was so incredibly excited. There were several very new baby kittens inside the barrel. She had a blast looking at them and had to tell me all about it when I came over.
| Checking out the kittens |
Then it was time for some water fun!
She had a blast with Grandpa and did not want to come inside.
After leaving the farm we headed over to Kevin's parents house where we were staying. Since I was spending most of the day with my Mom, Kevin had plans to hang out with the girls over there.
| A few snuggles before heading out for the evening. |
It was late when we got over there so Anna didn't have much time before we put her to bed. The next morning Patti and Kevin made us a delightful breakfast. Since there was plenty of food Kevin convinced James and Scott to come on over. Eventually I had to leave and I didn't end up taking the camera with me but my Mom and I had a wonderful day. We went to lunch and did some shopping and went out for coffee and just enjoyed each other's company kid-free. Although it was officially for my Mom's birthday I felt like it was as much for me. It was the longest I'd been away from both girls and I needed some adult time.
While I was gone the girls and Kevin seemed to have a good time based on pictures.
| Ears! |
Gama had a chance to give Miss Jane a bottle.
Uncle Scott got a chance too. Scott even got some nap time snuggles after this.
When both girls were napping Kevin played Marbles (aka aggravation).
It was another fun weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment