Monday, October 20, 2014

Jane: 4 months

Our sweet little Jane turned 4 months old last week. We just had her doctor's appointment today so I decided to wait for this post. I had an incredibly hard time narrowing down the photos this month. I think I snapped over 50 and when I went through them I had 20 that I really really liked. From those I got down to 12 and that is when I had problems. I felt like by not choosing one I was saying I didn't like it and it was painful not to load it. I have problems...

Here are the stats from Jane's appointment today:
Weight: 15 lbs 10 oz (75%)
Height: 24.8 in (60%)
Head Cir: 17.1 in (98%)

Jane's height has dropped to closer to average. She's still longer then Anna was at 4 months by over an inch. Overall Jane's appointment went great. She's a happy healthy little lady (despite a couple of slightly blocked tear ducts...no big deal). 

Jane has changed so much in the last month and seems so much older. She's become so much more aware of the world around her...really taking everything in. As a result she's become more distracted while nursing. When Anna hit this stage I was able to go to a quiet area to nurse but Jane is going to have to learn to adapt since Anna is often running around.  
Jane loves her pacifier but also loves sucking on her hands. Sometimes you hear her just slurping away at them...happy as can be. 

Jane also wants to be a part of things now and doesn't take to being ignored. I used to be able to put her in the Pack N' Play in our living room/dining/kitchen area and tend to Anna and even do some cooking. If she's there for what she deems to be too long then you will know. She will start squawking at you until you come and talk to her or pick her up. The squawking is pretty impossible to ignore. She wants to be in the bouncer watching you or in the high chair so she can be a part of things. I love that her little personality is coming through.


Several weeks ago Jane found her feet and she loves grabbing at them. I love it when babies are holding their feet. Jane is also grabbing toys much more and will bat at toys on her play mat. It's fun to see her become more interactive with the world. She is also very close to rolling over from back to tummy. I feel like it could literally be any day now. It also seems like she wants to sit up although she's not quite ready for that yet.

The last month has been a little rough in terms of sleep. Her bedtime has moved earlier which is nice but then she started waking up much more frequently. Usually twice but a few times more often then that which is rough after you know she can go more. We were also attempting to stop night swaddling which wasn't going well. She kept waking herself up with her arms. Last week I decided to give it another go and she did great and even put herself to sleep. No more night swaddling and we are back to a 6 hour stretch! We still have to work on getting rid of the swaddle for some naps but we're getting there.

 Jane is so smiley and is such a happy baby. It seems like she is constantly smiling and laughing. I called her "Joyful Jane" a few times and while I was made fun of for it, it seems to be catching on. (When she is mad though you will KNOW. This girl has a set of lungs on her)

 We just love this little lady and she has definitely stolen our hearts. Seeing our two girls together is the most amazing thing ever. 

No comments: