So many great pictures are on my phone and I don't always get them added to my blog posts. I'm trying to be better about that but I thought a phone picture post to help me catch up on March was in order.
These two do this move all the time.
We finally pulled the double jogging stroller that we acquired from my parents out of the shed. It still needs a good cleaning but the girls enjoyed running with both Mommy and Daddy.
I love how much these two love each other.
We try to make it to the park whenever we can. It's fun exploring new playgrounds.
![]() |
| My little climber. |
![]() |
| Anna with her friend Ethan |
There is a small park only a mile from our house and easy to get to so we end up there a lot.
![]() |
| Muscles! |
Cuties.
On this particular evening we were drawing ice cream with sidewalk chalk out on the deck. Jane cracked me up when she "tasted" it.
Kevin had a work trip to Germany so we started off the week with a visit to the park.
We also made a trip to the craft store. The girls had fun looking around and trying on hats.
I mentioned in my last post that we had some issues after Anna took the antibiotics. The day after her last dose of the Amoxicillin Anna broke out in hives. It happened really fast so we made our way to Walk-in clinic where the ARNP told us it was an allergic reaction, most likely to the penicillin. I was a little shocked because we were finished with the medication which was a 10 day course. I gave her benedryl and zyrtec and we went about our business. That was Tuesday.
On Wednesday Anna's little hands and feet started swelling and her hives looked awful. It progressively got worse throughout the day. She also had a bit of a fever. After another call we made our way back in and had a chance to see Anna's doctor. At that point she told us Anna had what appeared to be Serum Sickness Like Reaction.
The exact reason for Serum Sickness Like Reaction (SSLR) is unknown but in layman's terms she most likely had an abnormal inflammatory reaction because her body couldn't metabolize something, most likely the amoxicillin. Usually there is a fever, the hive-like rash, and the swelling. She was breathing fine so we just kept on the antihistamines although I'm convinced that the fact she takes a steroid inhaler helped us avoid something that could have been much worse.
Thursday was a pretty rough day. Anna woke up with a swollen mouth and face and was pretty miserable all day. She'd watch show or movie and then I'd try to have her do a craft, color or eat at the table but every time she complained of her feet hurting so she ended up spending most of the day on the couch. I even let the girls eat out there which we don't typically allow. The poor girl could barely walk due to swollen feet and wanted to be picked up and moved places because it hurt to move. It was kind of sad watching her try to grasp a crayon. Luckily Daddy came home that evening and we were all very happy to see him.


Friday morning Anna seemed to be feeling a little better but her eyes were swollen. (I swear that every time she woke up, even from a nap, she seemed swollen somewhere else). Her hands and feet were doing better and her rash wasn't quite as red but the eye swelling was enough to prompt the doctor to put her on oral steroids for a few days. That was an adventure in itself, she was all over the place and not sleeping much, but it helped improve her swelling drastically. She's completely fine now but we are following up with an allergist next month and see what we need to do if anything. In the mean time...no more penicillins!
After getting everyone healthy we were back to our usual activities. Jane is so cute and loves to paint.
![]() |
| Painting at playgroup! |
We had fun in March but reviewing everything reminds me again of how happy I am that it is now April!




No comments:
Post a Comment