Thursday, April 28, 2016

Phoenix

Several weeks ago I made a much needed trip out to Phoenix to visit Amy. We had been making plans for a girls trip to Seattle but this ended up being a little easier to make happen. While we still want to make that trip sometime in the future this trip was amazing.

The trip got off to a bit of a rough start when my evening flight was cancelled. (A bird took out one of the engines while it was landing in KC). I had two choices. 1. Take a flight out the next day or 2. Fly to Charlotte and then fly to Phoenix.  We had plans the next day so I opted for option 2. Let me tell you...that is a looong flight.

Luckily our plans were fairly relaxed. We kicked off the trip by treating ourselves to manicures and pedicures. I hadn't had my nails done since Amy's wedding two years ago so it was time!

Pampering ourselves.
After this we made our way to Z tejas for food and incredible margaritas.


If there is one thing you should know about me it is that I love margaritas. After margaritas we went outlet shopping. I don't always love shopping but with Amy it is always more fun. I bought several dresses and tops and a new pair of shoes. 

That evening we hung out at Amy's where we went on a short hike at a nearby preserve before having dinner at the house. It was great having a relaxing meal and getting to catch up with Brent as I had not seen him since the wedding.

On Friday morning we woke up crazy early and went for a workout at the gym. Amy has a personal trainer who invited me to join Amy for her session. It was a really tough workout for me as I have not had a workout like that since before Anna was born. I was keeping up pretty well until she threw in some plyometrics. I got a little light headed and had to take a break. I skipped the rest of the plyos for the day but finished the rest of the workout. It was hard but felt really good at the same time. We had planned on going on a longer hike but it had rained (the trails get slippery and snakes come out) so we napped watching a movie instead. Eventually we got ourselves cleaned up and went out for brunch followed by a trip to Amy's work.


Amy works in HR for YAM Worldwide. It manages many of Bob Parsons (founder of GoDaddy) interests including Harley Davidson. Amy works at the location in Scottsdale which is home to the largest Harley Davidson dealerships in the world. It happened to be bike week that week so the place was swarming with people. I enjoyed seeing where Amy works and meeting some of her co-workers.

  I looked for the most expensive bike I could find for a photo op.
The closest I'll ever be to riding a motercycle
After leaving Amy's work we went to a wine festival in Tempe. It was a lovely day to be outside!

I had never really thought of Arizona as being a top wine producer so I was surprised at how many wineries there actually are there. While it's no California wine there were a couple that I really enjoyed. Mostly I was enjoying spending a gorgeous day outside with my best friend. 

We ordered take out and had another relaxed evening with Brent back at the house. I knew I was needing a trip to get away and I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. Being able to catch up in person without all the kid distractions was incredible. I love my babies but I haven't had a break like this since before children. 

Saturday we spent by the pool. One of Amy's friends invited us over and it was the perfect day. Although I put sunscreen on from the start and reapplied numerous times I still managed to get burnt on my right leg and both feet. 


A little sunburn didn't stop us though and we managed to glam up for a girls night out on the town. Amy invited several of her friends (some that I've met previously) and we had a really fun evening.  We forgot to get a group picture of all of us but I was so appreciative of everyone coming out. After dinner Amy and I stayed out a bit longer to grab a drink at a fun bar not far from where we had dinner. 
Girls night out!
Amy ordered us super fun drinks and we did our best to enjoy my last evening in Arizona.

We were able to talk the bartender into taking a cheesy picture of us :)

Sunday we spent having a very low key day. Lounging around and watching a movie. I did go grocery shopping with Amy so it wasn't a totally lazy day! 

On the way to the airport.

I am so grateful to Amy for taking time off of work to spend with me and for all the planning she put into us having an amazing weekend. I'm a pretty lucky gal.

No comments: