My baby girl turned 3 a few weeks ago and I'm still in disbelief. Jane loves all things pink and requested a "Pink Cupcake Birthday". I had a lot of fun with this theme and I think Jane enjoyed it too.
I wanted cookies at the party so we thought that 'cupcake cookies' would be perfect!
Of course we had to have pink cupcakes as well. I even had a few strawberry cupcakes to make Jane happy.
I made plenty of new decorations but I was actually able to reuse several items from previous parties. I did have a lot of fun creating this centerpiece though.
The garland behind the 3 is one of my recycled decorations. I did make the "3" new but I always put these on their bedroom doors afterwards.
Anna and Jane were pretty excited while we were decorating. Jane kept asking me "Is today my pink cupcake birthday???"
We're so thankful to Kevin's parents for allowing us to have the party at their house. And for the balloons!!!!
I forgot to tell everyone about the detour heading to the house so we had a little extra time before everyone arrived. We decided to try and take our family picture then instead of wrangling kids later for a photo. The first photo was better but the top of our heads got cut off...this was the only other option.
Hugs for Red Grandma!
Anna was pretty excited to see Adell again. (I guess they weren't too sick of each other from their vacation with Grandma and Grandpa the previous week 😄)
We brought our bouncy house with us but it was so hot and humid that we didn't even bother setting it up. The kids still had fun playing inside.
Jane was pretty excited about opening her gifts.
She insisted on doing it all herself and would get mad at me if I tried to help too much. I love that she's independent but some of the presents took forever to unwrap haha!
I wasn't sure how Jane was going to do with all of us singing happy birthday. At the Copp family June birthday celebration a couple weeks before she did great and smiled and blew out her candle. This time...not so much. Anna ended up blowing out the candle for her. What a great big sister.
Pink cupcakes!
Smile!
I attempted a nice picture of Kevin with his brothers but it wasn't happening. I did get these gems though.
Anna really loved the Princess Popcorn.
I had a lovely time at the birthday and we're so thankful to everyone that came out to help us celebrate our little girl's birthday. Jane had a wonderful time as well and crashed watching a show after the party.
I had Jane's 3 year well check a couple weeks after her birthday and everything is looking good. While Jane had previously been around 50% for both height and weight she was only 35.5 inches tall (16%) and was 32 pounds 6 ounces (75%). I don't expect her to be tall but I am thinking we have a growth spurt coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment