After
Jane's birthday party we celebrated Father's Day with Kevin's side of the
family. I was a little worn out from the party so I didn't get many pictures.
The next day we went out to Auburn to celebrate with the Copp side. I took a
couple pictures there.
I
love this picture of Kevin and Jane. We were checking out some big fish
swimming down at the pond.
There
were several kittens behind the house and the kids were all pretty interested.
I felt a little bad for the kittens.
Luckily
we were able to distract them with the donkey.
One
of my summer goals was to go blueberry picking. We didn't make it last year and
I was determined to go this year. Our weekends were filling up but Kevin had a
light Friday and was able to come with us. We intended to go a little earlier
in the morning but we didn't get there until it had already gotten pretty
hot.
Anna
and Jane enjoyed it but the heat really got to them. They liked it but I don't
know that they had as much fun as with the strawberries. With the bushes being
so tall many of the berries were out of their reach. If we'd gone early I think
they would have lasted longer.
We
still managed to get several pounds of blueberries and they were delicious! I
was happy to be able to mark this one off my checklist.
I
wanted to throw in a few random pictures I pulled from our cell phones. This
adorable one of Jane we took when we went over to a friend's house. Anna wasn't
there (it was during her vacation with Grandma and Grandpa) and we were trying
to extend our time there by just a little bit so we let her watch a couple
shows.
Something
else we've been wanting to do for a long time is take Anna camping. It wasn't
happening so we decided to just do it in the backyard. Our biggest tent is only
a 4 person tent and with a queen mattress 4 people is a little crowded for my
taste. I was fairly certain Jane wasn't going to make it and with it being
fairly warm out I was happy to be inside with her. Anna loved it though and I think Kevin was pretty happy to be able to share this experience with her. I
can't wait to get a bigger tent and go when it's cooler in the fall.
The
girls being cute on Jane's birthday before going to Activity School.
My
last random picture for the post is also from when Anna was on vacation.. I met
up with my friend Amanda and her boys at Crown Center for a Thomas the Train
exhibit they had going on. We had lunch there at Fritz's and enjoyed the
fountains outside for a bit. A group asked us to take a picture of them and
then offered the same in return. Amanda and I are always taking the photos and
rarely in them so it was a nice treat.



No comments:
Post a Comment