This fall has been incredibly chaotic since we began painting the walls and trim in our house. We tackled it a wall or section at a time and it consumed numerous nights and weekends. I'll try and post some before and after pictures at some point after I catch up on some other things at home.
We did manage to fit in a few fun activities and make some memories. This included going to Grinter Farms to see the field of sunflowers. Just as it did last year the sight took my breath away. With Jane being another year older we were able to venture further into the fields and we had so much fun exploring.
Moments like these make my heart happy.
These girls sure love their Daddy.
Kevin wanted to pretend they were sunflowers.
Then things got silly. I smile every time I look at this photo.
So does this one. Anna and Jane were having such a wonderful time and I can never get enough of seeing the joy in their faces when they see such beauty.
I am not typically in the photos around our house (which I know many Moms out there can relate to since we're often taking the pictures) but I handed the camera off to Kevin for a little bit. I feel a little strange posting so many pictures of myself but here I go. Kevin is a better photographer than I am and I think these turned out pretty well.
My goofy little Jane. She's always squeezing and grabbing people as a sign of affection. She sure knows how to make a person feel loved even if it can be a bit aggressive at times.
There are moments when Anna forgets how to smile but when she remembers she can sure charm the camera.
Our family picture.
We were wrapping up our visit to Grinter Farms and I was pretending to come after the girls. As I took this picture I was thinking I should call out to Jane to pay attention to where she was going. Before I could complete the thought Jane tripped and bit the dust....hard.
Luckily Daddy was there to scoop her up and I took a few pictures.
Once Kevin determined it looked worse than it was he proceeded to take more photos.
We did get a few looks as we snapped away but it is worth it. We wiped up the dirt and blood back at the car and it was mostly just a bruise and small cut on her head.
Despite the injury it was a fantastic outing and I'm thrilled we made it out a second year in a row. This may be one of my favorite traditions that we've begun and I look forward to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment