Thursday, August 31, 2017

Summer birthday parties

July was a big birthday month for our friends. We would have had three parties to attend but our friend Louis got sick the week of his party and had to cancel. Poor guy!

One of the parties was for our friend Millie who turned 3. It was a Chuck-E-Cheese party. While these aren't my favorite type of parties to attend, the kids always seem to have a good time and that's what matters. Jane has randomly been bringing up Chuck-E-Cheese and how she wants to go back. We usually try to change the subject. And avoid mentioning 'Chuck-E' at all costs. 


Jane and I were in the bathroom and missed out on this photo but I thought it was pretty cute. 

At the previous party we attended here I was teamed up with Jane so this time I was with Anna. It was nice having the one on one time with her. I tend to get more of those moments with Jane. 

Our second party was for our friend Ruby who turned 4. The party was at their house and we spent the afternoon watching the kids play in the pool, attempt to destroy a pinata, and threw around some water balloons. 


Anna actually was the first to break something on it when she managed to smash a leg. 

We'd already changed the girls out of their swimsuits thinking everyone was done (the water was a little cold and then there was dinner, cake, etc). After the water balloon fight all the kids somehow ended up back in the pool...fully clothed!

They had a blast in there and were sad when we had to get them out. Luckily we had a second set of clothes. It was a fun party and we're so happy to have such great friends in our lives. 

No comments: