Friday, January 29, 2010

Masquerade Ball

I've been sick this week so I'm just now getting to this post. Last weekend we went to a Masquerade Ball put on by Stanford for graduate students. It was 'masks required' and 'black tie suggested'. I always look forward to an opportunity to get dressed up. I only wished I'd found out about the event more than 2 1/2 days ahead of time.

We found our masks at Diddams' party supply. I luckily had this dress that I'd bought last year for only $20 and we found this really nice suit jacket for Kevin at Goodwill for only $20. Kevin has a couple suit jackets, but they were his Grandpa's and don't fit him quite as nice as this one did. We only need to have the sleeves shortened a bit.

Ready for dinner!
We went to a Spalti, an Italian restaurant in Palo Alto for dinner. Suiting up required a nice meal somewhere. I think the guys look fantastic! Brian was lucky enough to find a tux jacket for the event.

Gnocchi anyone?

Waiting in line to enter the ball. The color didn't turn out that great on this picture, so I just made it black and white since I loved it.It was fun seeing all the different masks. Those who didn't wait until that day to buy masks had really cool ones they ordered online. Hopefully they will do it again next year and I can find one I really like! (I liked mine, but there were really pretty masks).
Kevin and Luke. Luke's mask is an example of one found online. Kevin was jealous.


The D.J. wasn't that great, but we managed to have fun dancing anyway.
Moria took this picture and I think it is hilarious. Jonathan's classic 'duh' look, Kevin making a crazy face, and Brian's mask...priceless. If only Moria were in it...

February is going to be a pretty crazy month. A lot is happening so there should be lots of posts if I can keep on top of things. Kevin is in Kansas this weekend, ski trip next weekend, a long weekend in Phoenix for me and possibly Vegas for Kevin. Our 4 year anniversary which we'll spend at a B&B in Napa, and a poster presentation for Kevin at a biomedical conference in San Francisco. It'll be busy, but should be really really fun!

No comments: