Saturday, January 2, 2010

Winter 2009

I have some pictures from this winter that I'd been needing to load onto the computer. I thought I'd just make one blog using some of them.

I had to make Christmas cookies, but this year I was sort of on my own since most of my cookie making companions had already left for home for the holidays. Not to worry though, I had plenty of Christmas music to keep me in the spirit!

Here are some of my cookies. I spent some time decorating them and I ended up bringing little bags for my coworkers to enjoy. We didn't need all those cookies lying around the house for just the two of us to eat.

I had a new mitten and stocking cookie cutter this year and those were really fun to decorate. I also had some mini cookie cutters that were pretty fun too. It took awhile to decorate the candy cane cookies since I used a toothpick, but I was happy with how they turned out.

At one point I asked Kevin if he wanted to help decorate so I could finish. (He wanted to watch a movie, but these had to get done that night). Kevin did decorate a few cookies, but he spent at least 20 minutes on each one. I think it was the better part of an hour on the lumberjack cookie. I told Kevin that while I appreciated the creativity, it wasn't really helping the cookies get decorated in an efficient manner. Kevin then informed me that his lack of speed in this process is probably why he got a C in middle school art class!

Anyway, here is is handiwork.
Even though I was at work for Christmas, I was off by 3pm and we still had time to enjoy ourselves. We had a filet mignon dinner that was delicious!
I had been wanting a Santa hat to wear to work. If I had to be there I was going to be jolly!!! Kevin found one for me and I was pretty happy!
The lights aren't on, but we finally got a bigger tree! For the past 3 years we've just had our cute little 3 ft tree. We bought it when we first moved out here because we didn't have much money. It was inexpensive and didn't require very many decorations. We even made several of the decorations for the tree to avoid having to buy very many. It was fun and looking back on it puts a smile on our faces. Since that first Christmas, we've acquired many ornaments through gifts, choosing special ones we liked, and Grandma Koch's extra Watkins ornaments. (Grandma used to sell Watkins products and they made ornaments. We found old stock and now we have many that are identical to those on the tree growing up at home). Many of the ornaments were a little big for our tiny tree and we decided we could get another one this year. (Kevin protested a little at the thought of needing two trees....but he came around :) )I guess now that I've told this story I'll just have to add a picture of each of our trees for you to see. Our cute little first tree.
Our new 6ft tree! I love it!!!
I couldn't resist taking a picture of some of the handmade ornaments. We just used stuff we had around the apartment already. Luckily I had glitter glue!

No comments: