Saturday, July 3, 2010

Girl Time

One of the goals I had for our week back was to get Lindsey, Kara, and Heather together at the same time for a mini reunion. Since we failed to coordinate all of us last March we were fairly determined to make it happen.

We met up for dinner and had the best time catching up on everything from work, relationships, kids, etc. It was absolutely wonderful being with these amazing ladies again and the time flew by way too quickly.

Kara is working on her Masters and teaching 3rd grade. Lindsey is working on a new career direction in the travel business.

Heather is busy being a Mom and working at Core First bank as a branch manager.
We literally talked for hours. I'm pretty sure our waitress was sort of perturbed by our non stop gabbing (but we were basically the only customers there so I don't know why she had the nerve to act annoyed)
The next day was my day to spend with my Mom. She had to work the two days before and I was really looking forward to a little one on one time with my mommy.

We had stayed up late the night before talking so we sort of got a late start to the day. First we went by her work and I got to look around her lab and see a few familiar faces as well as a few new. I really enjoyed seeing the lab from a different perspective. Since I've been working in the lab now, it was cool to see a different lab with the eyes of a CLS/MLS/Med Tech (whatever you want to call it).

Afterward we headed out to O'Dooley's for lunch. It was lovely catching up in person rather than over the phone.

We always manage to have a good time together. Our next stop was for a mani/pedi. It was my belated Mother's Day gift to Mom. I wish I'd taken a picture of the cutest daisy Mom got on her big toe. It was adorable!
Later in the week I went to lunch with Mom and Cheryl. It was a really nice lunch and it was great that we could go out just the three of us for an afternoon.I'm slowly getting around to the rest of the week in Kansas so bear with me as I try to get caught up!

No comments: