Friday, July 30, 2010

July Stuff

July has quickly come to an end so I thought I would do a quick summary of some of the things we have been up to this month.

We started off the month celebrating Jonathan's birthday with a BBQ.

A closer look at the fantastic cake Sarah made. (In case you couldn't tell from the theme...Jonathan is a golf enthusiast.)
For the 4th of July, Brian and Moria hosted another BBQ outside of their building. There were a lot of people there and an amazing array of food.


It is probably strange seeing us in sweatshirts and jackets in the summer...but it gets pretty cold here at night. This has been a particularly cool summer so far but I'm not going to complain since we don't have A/C.
This homemade cornhole set has gotten a lot of use over the last year and will continue to get use as long as it holds up!
I had to work last year over the 4th of July and I was very happy to have this year off. We were able to see the fireworks show from Jonathan and Sarah's 8th floor balcony. After missing them last year I was stoked to have a great view!

Moria and I went to this fancy Indian Restaurant 'Junoon' in Palo Alto to celebrate our friend Lindsie's birthday.
It was a little on the pricey side so I was glad we were only doing drinks and cake....but I was so happy we were able to go.

Moria, Lindsie, Me
For Christmas Kevin had bought me a gift certificate for us to go to this place 'Create It' where you paint your pottery and they glaze it for you. We'd done this a few times back in Topeka when we first started dating. We use the mug I made all the time and we thought we could use a couple more

Kevin at work with his creation.

It is amazing how many hours you can spend on these things. We took up a good portion of the afternoon last weekend. We get to pick up the mugs this weekend so I'll be sure to post a few pictures of them then.
This week we had to say goodbye to a friend. Alex just finished up his post doc here at Stanford and was headed back to Geneva. It is strange having to say goodbye to people now. Many of our friends are off in all other directions and many of them we may never see again. I guess we'll have to make a trip to Switzerland so that isn't the case with Alex.

Kevin, Daryl, Bettina, Whitney, and Alex.
I have several pictures from the Chemistry Summer Olympics so stay tuned for another post soon!

No comments: