Last Friday was the annual Chemistry Department Holiday Party. I had originally taken the day off with the hopes of attending a Pac-12 championship game. Since that obviously didn't happen I was at least consoled with the fact that we could attend the party. It worked out well giving Kevin a great chance to visit and say goodbye to a lot of people around the department that he doesn't see very often.
The party was also the last evening we were able to spend with Andi before she left for Canada. It has been wonderful getting to know her this past year and I'm sad we wont have more time to continue getting to know each other.
It is fun having an excuse to get dressed up. I finally put to use a dress I bought in October.
It is still hard to believe that we are only going to be Californians for a little while longer. We're going to miss so many wonderful people!
I thought I took a few pictures of the dance portion of the evening but I apparently didn't. The dancing didn't get started until close to the end of the party but we had a blast. After the party we headed over to Brian and Moria's place to watch the dvd from 'Chemwipes' our first year here. We enjoyed reminiscing and showing Andi some of Colin's amazing skits that she had only heard about and never seen before. We'll attend our 6th and final 'Chemwipes' this Friday evening before flying out to Michigan this weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment