Friday, December 30, 2011

PAMF Goodybes

 After a record number of blog posts (for me) in November I have once again fallen behind. It started to feel overwhelming to get caught up so to delay beginning I began playing Sims 3 the other day instead. If you have never played this game don't start. It is terribly addicting. I'm going to do my best to get these posts done so there may or may not be a lot of detail. (I often say that and then get going so we'll just have to see)

As you may have guessed December has been somewhat of a whirlwind month. So much has happened over the last few weeks and it feels crazy to think about how much our lives have changed in such a short amount of time. For me things really became real as my last day of work at Palo Alto Medical Foundation approached. 
Rowena and Arlene
 After 3 years of working there I had never really bothered taking any pictures. I couldn't leave without trying to get a photo with as many people as possible. 
Marilyn
  It's difficult to get large group shots at work. There is always something going on and you can't always get everyone away from work at the same time. We did our best though.
Hui, Celerina, Rowena, Arlene, and Allison
  On my second to last day my co-workers surprised me with a cake and ice cream reception. I was caught off guard and didn't think to take a picture until after the cake had already been sliced into but you get the idea. 

 The card was signed by all the CLS's as well as the management team. I've worked with such a great group of people and saying goodbye isn't easy.
Rowena, me, Arlene, Allison, and Pat
A few more of us....

And more....
Hui, John, and Melanie
 As if the cake and ice cream reception wasn't enough I was surprised again on my last day of work by the PM shift. By surprised I truly mean surprised. I walked into the break room to have Theresa, one of the lab assistants, jump out and yell 'Surprise'! They enjoyed shocking me and I was blown away by the party. Rowena was the ringleader behind it all at it was quite the feast. Lettuce wraps, cheese and crackers with homemade jam, and much more.
The PM shift gang:
 Hahn, Priscilla, Waffa, Rowena, Bernie,
Celerina, Pat, and Theresa in the front
As my first job out of the CLS program I am grateful to so many people at work who have taught me so much about working in this field.   I will look back on my time at PAMF fondly and I will miss so many great people there.

Bernie, me, and Rowena
  I did have to stop in one more time because I forgot my lunch bag in all the commotion on my last day. It worked out well that I was able to pop my head in on a Saturday to see a few more faces before heading out.

This is the Sunday crew that I would work with every time I worked a Sunday. With fewer people there on the weekend you really get to know each other a little better. I'll never find a Sunday crew quite like this one!
Irina, me, David
 I came in at a great time and got to catch two more CLSs who weren't working during my last week. It still feels strange that I won't be seeing these faces again anytime soon.
Hui, Chris, me, and Marilyn
It still sort of feels like I'm just on a long vacation but I think once we get to Michigan it will sink in that my time at Palo Alto Medical Foundation is over. I'll cherish the memories always. Good luck to everyone!



No comments: