Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oh Baby!

We're expecting!

The word has sort of been out for a few weeks now but I figured it was time I put in on the blog. Kevin and I found out in April and our little one is due on 12/12/12! I had an early ultrasound picture but there wasn't much to see then so I decided not to bother posting it. I did start taking some 'belly shots' a few weeks ago and while there isn't much going on there either I will post them.



In the very beginning I felt fantastic! I was eating great, exercising, and besides being tired I was just really really excited. Then at around 6 weeks things changed drastically. It was "hello nausea and vomit". Needing to eat something to avoid feeling more nauseous but then getting more nauseous after eating was a terrible experience. I felt lucky that my job had slowed down or I don't know how I would have survived! I had a second appointment just before 12 weeks and we got to hear the heartbeat....160 bpm! I had also lost a pound.


The nausea began to get a little bit better around 10 weeks and I feel like every week it gets a little bit better. I still have an occasional bad day but I feel like a more productive human being now then I did a month or so ago. I've been getting back into exercising and I'm starting to stomach more and more fruits everyday. Veggies are still hit and miss but they are gradually making their way back into my diet. 

Kevin thinks this is the start of a bump but I'm a little skeptical. I've always had a little extra padding around the midsection and some of this might be bloat. But since I haven't really gained much weight yet maybe it is a bump and I'm just in denial. We'll see how I look in a few days when I hit 14 weeks!

We are just so overjoyed right now and we couldn't be more excited. We've enjoyed the last 6 years of just the two of us but now we're ready to add to the clan and begin a whole new chapter! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janell said...

Congrats!!! So excited for you guys! You will be amazing parents!
Janell

Moria said...

Sooo exciting!!! Its so nice that you're able to eat more than crackers again!!! We went driving in the Santa Cruz mountains and I got super nauseous...I can only imagine what the past three months have been like.