Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Back in Kansas

I was barely back in Michigan a week before it was time to head back to Kansas. Luckily this time Kevin was coming back with me (at least for a few days). We got in super late Friday evening but enjoyed the rest of the weekend. On Saturday evening, Kevin and Patti took several of us (Joe, Kevin, and me) to Kansas City for dinner and went to a movie at Legends. We got to sit in the VIP section to watch MIB 3. The movie itself was mediocre but being VIP was a blast!

As often happens this post is a little heavy on 'kid pictures'. It was great seeing Adell again....she is changing all the time!



Crazy Uncle Kevin!
Give me that Camera!
  While Kevin was in Kansas for a quick weekend back in March and I was just back, we hadn't been in Kansas together since January. It was great seeing family and hanging out.


I just really liked this picture.


Seth is making a goofy face but I still liked this one too.


Marbles champions!


We enjoyed a Copp family get together to celebrate birthday's and Memorial Day. My pictures were few and far between so I didn't include any but we had a wonderful time!

A highlight of our trip back was the annual Kent Memorial Day party. We rarely make it back for the party so we were pretty excited to be there and to have a chance to visit with so many people we don't see very often. 

It was a hot day but the shade made it pretty easy to be outside. We had such a wonderful time!
 
Unfortunately, Kevin had to leave really early on Tuesday morning to get back to work. The downside of being new to a job is having to carefully use your days off. I know Kevin was happy to have been able to make it back even if he was exhausted by the end of it all.

I spent the rest of the week catching up with a few friends and spending time with Hailie and Seth. I spent a few hours with Serena and Adell, a few with my friend Heather and her daughter Avery, and a lovely lunch with my friend Kara and her daughter Abby. There was some park time included in there with Hailie and Seth and we had a great time riding the train, the carousel, and wandering around the park looking at frogs, fish, and birds. The week was fantastic and flew by way too quickly.


Luckily we'll be back again in July and we can't wait!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: