Week 15 and 16 complete! Hard to believe I'm starting week 17 already!
Things are going pretty well right now. We had a doctors appointment last week and the baby's heartbeat clocked in at 150 bpm. The doctor said she could tell the baby was moving around because every now and then there was a 'swoosh' sound that interrupted the heartbeat for a second. It was cool thinking our little guy/gal was active in there. I can't wait to start feeling it myself...maybe in a few more weeks!
Things are going pretty well right now. We had a doctors appointment last week and the baby's heartbeat clocked in at 150 bpm. The doctor said she could tell the baby was moving around because every now and then there was a 'swoosh' sound that interrupted the heartbeat for a second. It was cool thinking our little guy/gal was active in there. I can't wait to start feeling it myself...maybe in a few more weeks!
According to the doctor's scale I'm up 1.5 pounds from what I weighed at my first appointment (7 weeks). Granted there is always fluctuation but I was glad it was at least leaning in the right direction after losing weight in the first trimester.
My nausea has mostly subsided at this point. Pretty much every morning I still have what I call a 'mucus vomit' which isn't the most pleasant thing in the world. I'll cough in the morning to loosen up the mucus built up overnight and that in turn sparks my gag reflex and ends in throwing up a bunch of mucus. Sorry if this is too much information for you...you can stop reading anytime. While not fun, it's better to get it over with so I can eat breakfast. Plus I'd rather throw that up over food any day of the week.
There are a few foods that I still cannot eat. Eggs have been off the table for awhile (except for deviled eggs...I don't get it). Vegetables are still hit and miss. It sort of depends of what veggie I'm trying to eat on a particular day. I did eat some zucchini and summer squash last night but broccoli is definitely off limits for the time being. Chicken is also another hit and miss food. Grilled chicken is NOT doing it for me at the moment. I made these breaded chicken bites last night with panko that I was able to eat. While pasta has been my 'safe' food throughout this pregnancy fruit is something that I am loving right now. I'm especially digging cantaloupe and blueberries but pretty much anything that is juicy and delicious needs to be eaten by me.
My nausea has mostly subsided at this point. Pretty much every morning I still have what I call a 'mucus vomit' which isn't the most pleasant thing in the world. I'll cough in the morning to loosen up the mucus built up overnight and that in turn sparks my gag reflex and ends in throwing up a bunch of mucus. Sorry if this is too much information for you...you can stop reading anytime. While not fun, it's better to get it over with so I can eat breakfast. Plus I'd rather throw that up over food any day of the week.
There are a few foods that I still cannot eat. Eggs have been off the table for awhile (except for deviled eggs...I don't get it). Vegetables are still hit and miss. It sort of depends of what veggie I'm trying to eat on a particular day. I did eat some zucchini and summer squash last night but broccoli is definitely off limits for the time being. Chicken is also another hit and miss food. Grilled chicken is NOT doing it for me at the moment. I made these breaded chicken bites last night with panko that I was able to eat. While pasta has been my 'safe' food throughout this pregnancy fruit is something that I am loving right now. I'm especially digging cantaloupe and blueberries but pretty much anything that is juicy and delicious needs to be eaten by me.
There is still no real need for maternity clothes but I'm definitely more comfortable in dresses or stretchy pants. Most of my jeans and shorts still fit because they sit low and don't really go around my stomach. There is one pair of jeans that will get unbuttoned in the evening (bloat) but I basically just stopped wearing those. I did buy a pair of maternity khaki capri's but I don't need them yet. I was at an outlet store and thought it would be good to have a pair on hand for the day I really pop out and have nothing to wear. I tried on a bunch of my dresses the other night and split them into 3 categories.
- To be worn throughout the summer. Yay!
- Can wear when my bump is bigger because right now it just looks like fat.
- No way these are going to be worn anytime soon. (put in back of closet)
I wanted to get this post up before leaving for Wisconsin. We're going to my cousin's wedding and then making our way down to Kansas for the 4th of July. I'm so excited for this vacation since Kevin gets to be there the entire time. I kind of like him and it's fun having him around!

No comments:
Post a Comment