Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4th of July!

After our wonderful weekend in Wisconsin we were Kansas bound for the 4th of July! As usual it was great to get to spend some more time with family. Patti, Serena, and I even had time to sneak away from the boys for a movie and dinner. As most of you know it was still extremely hot but we didn't let it get in the way of our fun.
Adell and Grandma Patti
The boys helped get the tables and volleyball net set up outside while us ladies finished getting food ready for the party. I may have spent a little too much time decorating these cupcakes but I can hardly resist a good theme. 

I had a blast at the Kent party. This is the first year I've been able to make it since they started having this annual party at their new house. Being on the lake and having a prime seat for the fireworks was AMAZING. It had been way too long since I'd seen a decent fireworks show.
Happy 4th!
 Luckily it worked out for me and Kevin to make it out to the farm to visit Grandmom and Grandad. Grandad had only been out of the hospital from his surgery and heart scare for less than a week. He was looking really good and I'm so glad he's on the road to recovery!

More fun was had for dinner at On the Border with the Kent side.

I gave up trying to get any of the Kent brothers to give me normal faces for pictures some time ago. I have just become grateful on the rare occasion that I get one. I also realize how short I look next to Joe.



We did manage to get a group photo (although it was not easy in a crowded restaurant) I think it turned out pretty well. We decided to cut Adell some slack for not looking at the camera.

A great week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: