My cousin Molly was married several weekends ago and I was very excited that it worked out that we could make it to the wedding. The ceremony and reception were in Lake Geneva, WI. I flew there the day before Kevin (he is saving his time off of work so he left after work on Friday). I met up with my parents and the kiddos at the hotel right off of the Lake in Lake Geneva on Thursday afternoon. It was ridiculously hot but still very beautiful. We enjoyed some relaxing time by the pool before a wonderful dinner.

We had all day Friday to relax as well so after breakfast we thought we'd take a boat ride around Geneva Lake and check out the incredible houses along the shoreline. It was fun getting some of the history of the Wrigley family and other wealthy Chicago business people who have set up residences there.
We had all day Friday to relax as well so after breakfast we thought we'd take a boat ride around Geneva Lake and check out the incredible houses along the shoreline. It was fun getting some of the history of the Wrigley family and other wealthy Chicago business people who have set up residences there.
Kevin was flying into Chicago that evening so Hailie came with me to pick him up from the airport. After that was more fun in the indoor pool at the hotel. We had the pool to ourselves most of the time and we had a blast doing relay races and watching Kevin throw the kids around in the pool.
Saturday was the day of the wedding but we had plenty of time to check out the beach before needing to get beautiful for the ceremony. The water was a little cold for my taste but Kevin and the kids didn't seem to notice. I mostly stuck to taking pictures and trying to get everyone to drink water.
I love how entertaining the beach is to kids. Hailie enjoyed picking up seaweed and shells and Seth liked just digging around in the sand.
Another highlight was burying Seth in the sand. He LOVED it! Hailie and Kevin each had a turn and a bunch of other little kids nearby joined in on the action. We did have to closely supervise those other kids because they wanted to really pack the sand on the chest. I was constantly checking to make sure they could breathe alright..and of course taking pictures.

Finally it was wedding time! It was held on a golf course and they had everything decorated beautifully. It was a painfully hot day for an outdoor wedding even though I loved the birds chirping with the harp playing.
Finally it was wedding time! It was held on a golf course and they had everything decorated beautifully. It was a painfully hot day for an outdoor wedding even though I loved the birds chirping with the harp playing.
I thought I was being sneaky when Kevin brought me ice water until I looked around and saw lots of other people with the same idea.
Luckily dinner was inside and then I was kind of cold because we were sitting underneath an air vent. I wish I would have appreciated it more at the time because the dance was outside.
The next day we made the drive to my Uncle Kent an Aunt Deb's in Waukesha. Still hot out but luckily they had a pool that felt amazing and we spent quite a bit of time in there.
| Cousin Nate and me chillin' on the noodles |

No comments:
Post a Comment