Thursday, July 19, 2012

Baby Update: 19 weeks and....


We had our anatomy scan yesterday and not only did everything look great but the tech told us it looks like a girl! We're beyond excited to know the gender of this little thing growing inside of me! Baby K had a heartbeat of 157 bpm and she is in the 66th percentile. I wish I knew how to describe how incredible it was to see our little girl. Her little hands and feet...it was the most amazing thing. This is probably the best still shot that the tech gave us. Seeing it live is way better but I wanted to at least include one sonogram photo.


 We would have been just as elated if it had been a boy but I'm just glad that we now know. I like being able to refer to Baby K as a she/her (or as Grandma Patti prefers...Princess Baby K) rather than simply "baby" or "it".

We had a doctors appointment today to go over the ultrasound results and Kevin called it a useless appointment. I had to remind him that it felt that way because everything is going well and that he should be happy. (I have to admit that after seeing the baby yesterday today was a little anti-climactic). I did see on the sheet that I have an anterior placenta which is fine except that I might not be able to feel movement for a bit longer. Grrrr.
Everything else also looked great. I'm up a total of 6 pounds from my first appointment and I'm happy with the pace I'm gaining at. I'm definitely eating better so I just have to make sure I'm making good choices. Most of the time I do but I did make a red velvet cake last night (with pink frosting of course) to celebrate since I can't have champagne. I wash it down with a glass of milk so it can't be that bad right?

Up to this point we hadn't bought anything for Baby K but that changed right after our ultrasound yesterday. We stopped at the store and bought a couple of sleepers. I love the one that Kevin picked out. In case you can't read it, it says "Daddy loves me". So sweet. Not going to lie...melted my heart. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: