Wednesday, December 19, 2012

3 weeks old!

I can't believe Anna is 3 weeks old already! There have been many 'firsts' over the last few weeks and we've tried our best to chronicle as much as we can.

Anna had her first sponge bath at home. She doesn't really like being undressed so bath time involves a lot of crying. Kevin wanted to make a post about her first real bath after her cord fell off but I'm not sure if he'll get to it. I won't spoil it in case he does get a chance but I will say that that bath was a bit more traumatic for all of us and involved a lot of poop.
First bath at home
 Anna has been putting on weight really well. At 6 days old she weighed 6lbs 1oz which put her in the 7th percentile. (Anna was 6lbs 3oz at birth and 5lbs 12oz at discharge). They measured her length at 18.25 inches. It's doubtful she grew 1.25 inches in 6 days but her legs are straightening out after months of being bent in half inside of me! By 16 days she weighed in at 6lbs 15oz which is the 12th percentile and measured 19in long! We're so happy that she's putting on weight and catching up a little bit from the growth restriction. She's filling out more everyday and while her newborn clothes are still big on her we're slowly expanding her wardrobe. I'm excited for her to fit into 0-3 month outfits because we have a ton of cute stuff.
1 week check up
 Our little cutie.

After getting situated with the pump Kevin was able to feed Anna for the first time. They are so sweet together.
First bottle from Daddy
 Anna prefers to nap being held and how can we resist when she looks like this?

We got out and about to go to a baby shower and that was also Anna's first snow. It didn't stick around for more than a few days but it was beautiful!
Baby's First Snow!
 I'd been dreading having to deal with Anna's nails so we'd been mostly keeping them covered up. I ended up just filing them and it wasn't traumatic at all. The longer I can put off having to use clippers the better!
First manicure
 One of my favorite pictures. I love having my phone handy for moments like this. Anna loves having her hands up by her face.

We've had several people ask us how we came up with Anna's name. Her middle name, Rae, is a name I've always loved. It is my Mom's middle name and she was named after my grandfather, Raymond. I've also always thought the name Anna is pretty. Kevin liked it because it is very close to his Mom's middle name, Ann. Luckily they go together well (at least we think so). 
Getting ready for bed!
Our pretty girl!

We've been putting Anna in a bassinet in our room over the last few weeks but that hasn't been allowing me to get much sleep. Anna makes grunting noises on and off in her sleep and it is really loud for such a tiny creature. We got our monitor set up and put her in her crib last night and I got a really good block of sleep which was AMAZING! Kevin also slept better and we're hoping that nights like that happen more often. There are much fewer tears shed at 5am when you've had more than an hour or two of sleep all night long!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Uncle Dale & Aunt Sandy said...

Thank you for the update - Anna is beautiful. Glad Anna was moved to her own bedroom. A good nights sleep does wonders for mom and dad. Merry Christmas!