This week came with a new set of challenges. Sunday evening Kevin started having some stomach pain. He tried to sleep but was having a hard time which is extremely unusual for Kevin. I was up feeding Anna and he was saying the pain was getting worse. By around 2:30am we decided he had better go into the hospital in case it was his appendix.
Kevin wanted me to try and get a little sleep but that was pretty much impossible. We texted back and forth about what tests they were running and going over what they had said to him. They were thinking it was his appendix but obviously they had to do many things to confirm. During this time Kevin was experiencing more and more pain. Sometime around 6am they confirmed that it was indeed appendicitis and Kevin would need surgery that day.
Anna and I had a little time to get cleaned up and get things ready to head to the hospital. By the time we got there Kevin had been given some morphine and was ready to get it all over with.
| A little pre-op cuddle |
The surgery went well and didn't really take too long. After I spoke with the surgeon we got to go back to Kevin's room and wait for him to come out of recovery. This was around 1pm and we all spent the rest of the day in the room snoozing on and off. It was actually fairly comfortable considering we were at the hospital. We enjoyed the nurses and I think she enjoyed us too. She laughed at us when we were comparing what pain meds and stool softeners we were given to take post op.
We got Kevin home later that night but we've been sort of a pathetic bunch since then. Kevin feels like he's done a million sit ups and got a fever the other night. He went into the doctor and he thought one of the incisions looked a little infected. He's on antibiotics now so hopefully he'll feel better soon. Luckily I'm over two weeks out of surgery now so I'm able to do a little more around the house. We're all just pretty tired but we've had friends bringing over food so we haven't had to worry about cooking much at all.
Anna is doing well and putting on weight. I have more pictures to load and then I'll get all her stats up. Stay tuned!!
1 comment:
You really want to make sure we keep praying for your family...just when we were getting a little lazy:) Hope for a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment