Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chirstmas!

While Kevin and I were bummed that we couldn't be with out families this Christmas we were excited that we were able to spend the Holiday with Brian and Moria. Her parents and sister weren't arriving in Ann Arbor until later Christmas Day so we got them for a couple days beforehand!
All of our stockings ready to be stuffed!
 They arrived Sunday evening and we enjoyed catching up and introducing Anna to them. Kevin and I were pretty tired that night and luckily for us, Brian and Moria volunteered to stay up with Anna for a bit so we could get some sleep.  Even though it was only a couple hours for me since I had to feed her it felt AMAZING and we were both extremely grateful. 
Brian and Anna with the incredible
blanket Moria crocheted for Anna!
Kevin had been wanting to see The Hobbit very badly and even though Brian had already seen it he went again with Kevin. Moria and I enjoyed a little Anna time and Moria made pies for our dinner that evening. 

For Christmas Eve dinner we had a ham dinner and the boys enjoyed playing one of Brian's gifts...Lego Hobbit for the Wii.
 
 We began watching It's a Wonderful Life but I suddenly felt exhausted so I went on to bed. I was sad to miss the movie night but excited for the sleep that I traded it in for :) I think everyone else had a great evening though. Before we knew it Christmas morning was upon us. Moria made a lovely french toast and bacon breakfast for us all to eat before opening gifts. 
Stocking time!
 Although Anna will never remember it...her first Christmas was wonderful! And how could it not be when you have a reindeer on your butt?


Brian sporting several of his Christmas gifts simultaneously.

Moria sporting her new pajamas. Anna seems to approve.
 
 Afternoon was upon us much too quickly and it was time for our wonderful guests to hit the road. We did snag a few family shots before they left.
Our first family Christmas

Group Shot!

The rest of our day involved Skype/Face Time with our families as well as a family nap.
 

One of my favorites. Baby is so tired.

Although it was tough not getting to be in Kansas for Christmas we are so thankful that Brian and Moria were with us. We are very lucky to have them in our lives.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Uncle Dale/Aunt Sandy said...

Love the family Christmas pic. When a "few extra hours of sleep are amazing" and you miss movie night for sleep, you are now in the full role of being a parent:)
...we just heard from Steven and Melissa that they celebrated New Years Eve British time and were in bed at 8:30 PM. Happy New Years!