Last weekend was the wedding of our friend Dennis from Stanford and his fiance Rachel. The wedding was in Wisconsin so we made the drive up. It was also the same weekend as this Harley-Davidson convention that is held their every 5 years. Hotel rooms were scare and very expensive as a result but luckily for us my Aunt and Uncle live in the area so we were able to crash with them. It turned into a family reunion with my parents there so we had childcare which was amazing!
Dennis' family came here from Greece in the early 70's and Milwaukee has a pretty good sized Greek community. This meant a Greek Wedding!
 |
| Greek Orthodox Church |
Kevin was an usher for this wedding and he made a mighty fine one :)
 |
| Looking studly outside the church |
Having never been to a Greek wedding before (and most likely never will again) I opted to leave Anna at my Aunt and Uncle's for the ceremony. I was glad I did too...she is so busy that I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the ceremony as much.

They had a program explaining everything and it was a fun and interesting service. Lot's of cool traditions that we'd never had the opportunity to experience before. Rachel looked absolutely stunning and Dennis very handsome.

There was a break in between the ceremony and reception so I headed back to the house to get Anna. My Mom drove us back into Milwaukee where the reception was being held at the Wisconsin Club and waited in the car while we were showing Anna off for an hour or so.
 |
| Stanford folks |
We'd planned for her to stay a little longer but she was tired and all the people and noise seemed a little overwhelming for her. We figured she'd be happier playing with everyone back at the house so my Mom took her back.

It would have been fun to dance with her but there is always Brian and Moria's wedding coming up!
 |
| Daddy's Girl |
We were seated at the "Stanford" table which was awesome. It was so fun catching up with everyone. Kevin and Daryl spend much of the evening 'arguing' over who was head usher. I had an awesome video of these two but for some reason I can't load it...it I get it to work later I'll add it.
 |
| Handsome Ushers |
I stole this picture off of facebook. I thought it was a nice picture of most of the guys. Dennis didn't get in it but we'll cut him some slack since he was kind of getting married that day. James didn't get in it either but she's Australian so we'll let that be his excuse.
 |
| Daryl, Matt, Josh, Jeff, Kevin, Chris |
The wedding reception was so much fun. There was lots of Greek dancing and Kevin and I participated as much as we could. One of the groomsman took the time to show me the dance and and by the end I was really starting to get the hang of it. We both love how much tradition the Greek's have and it made for a very fun wedding :) (This is were another video of some Greek dancing would have gone but since the first didn't work I'm not going to bother trying)
The next morning we made an appearance at the hotel for breakfast to see the Bride, Groom, and our Stanford friends one final time. Anna did better with just the small group in a low key setting.
 |
| The Aussie getting to know Anna |
We're so happy for our friends as they begin this new chapter in their lives. Congrats Rachel and Dennis! We're also excited that they are living near Chicago...driving distance!
No comments:
Post a Comment