Monday, September 30, 2013

10 Months!

Yet another month as quickly passed. Anna is growing up so fast and we've seen many changes in our little bug. It's hard to believe she is already 10 months old.

Anna has been waving for some time but now she will do it without being prompted first. I love it when babies just open and close their hand to wave and it's fun that she is doing that too. 

Early on in the month I woke to find Anna standing up in her crib. That was the first time she'd gotten herself to the sitting position from laying down to be able to pull herself up. Now she does it all the time.

It was less than a week from doing that to when Anna started crawling. This girl is now all over the place. She still likes standing up but doesn't stay there long because she wants to crawl over to something else and pull up onto that. It made this photo shoot much more difficult than last month!

We did manage to get a few pictures of her standing though. We did finally have to get a gate for the stairs since she learned how to climb the first step. I saw her playing by the stairs one day and standing next to them. I told Kevin...I think she's going to try climbing in the next week. Sure enough, about one week later she was making her way up the first step to grab something on the third step. 

Sleep has been somewhat of a challenge this last month. Anna had been slowly cutting out her third nap of the day and the transition hasn't exactly been easy. It's pretty much a thing of the past now and her other naps in the day have gotten better. Anna still usually wakes once at night but over this next month we're going to try and get her away from wanting to nurse since we feel it is more habit than anything. She slept 11 hours straight last night which was amazing for me. We will be traveling this week so we may not worry about it too much until after we get back. Traveling is hard enough on a baby...

Another thing that started up in the last couple weeks is growling. She learned how to growl one day and now does it whenever she is feeling restrained. It is sort of cute except when you are trying to get her diaper on and you just want her to cooperate. 

We were a little exasperated by the end of this session. Anna wanted to explore everything around, didn't want to smile at the camera, and wanted to crawl more than she wanted to take her picture. It seemed like a good time to throw in a collage of some outtakes. 

I can't remember if I mentioned before about how Anna loves dogs and cats. She gets so excited whenever she sees the doggies. Although Maddie, the Husky my in-laws have, is not my favorite, Anna feels very differently. She. Loves. This. Dog. Maddie had eaten the antennas off of this caterpillar that Anna loves so while I had another one on order I pulled out this little stuffed dog. Well the dog looks like Maddie and now that is her favorite...figures.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: