Friday, April 17, 2015

Easter Weekend

I need to do Jane's 10 month post but I thought I'd at least get Easter done first. I may not properly finish up March but since April is already half over I guess I need to move on. 

 Jane's 9 month pictures were that Saturday so we were in Topeka the entire weekend. After finishing up pictures in the morning we headed over to my Mom and Dad's. 

This was Anna's first year dying Easter eggs and I was so excited. I have so many great memories dying eggs growing up and watching Anna do it for the first time was awesome. 

Grandma showing Anna what to do
 Anna loved it like I thought she would. We opted to give Anna the cracked eggs and that ended up being a great decision every since she wasn't exactly gentle with them. 
Anna's first egg!
 I had fun with the eggs myself and it was wonderful getting to help Anna have fun too. 

Mom and Hailie had a great time too. We enjoyed experimenting with different color combinations. 


 Showing off her eggs. 

It was a little chilly that day but Anna didn't mind too much.  


Jane slept through most of the activities but woke up for a little bit of fun outside. 

Just chillin' with Grandma

A little later we went back over to Kevin's parent's house. Gama was out of town but we were getting together with Thomas, Serena, and Adell so the girls could have an Easter egg hunt together. 

Eventually Anna figured out she could be more efficient by carrying several eggs back to her basket at a time. (the basket was a little big for her to carry around)


Jane enjoyed watching the action from Daddy's shoulders. 

The girls with their eggs! There was a pretty hilarious series of Anna and Adell together. 


I won't include them all but by the end you could clearly tell how annoyed Adell was that we were still taking pictures. I love her so much. 


The next day we went out to the Farm for lunch. I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked for Jane's first Easter but what can you do. We had planned another egg hunt but Anna fell asleep and Jane was needing to sleep so it didn't happen. It was fairly windy so it was probably for the best. Hopefully next year we'll be able to get some good photos since it will be Jane's first time hunting. 

Hopefully everyone had a Happy Easter!

No comments: