The pictures were taken only one day late but I'm a week late in getting this post up! I can't believe this little lady is 10 months old already! Before I get into the changes we've seen this month I'll put Jane's 9 month stats up.
Here are the stats:
Weight: 19 pounds 13 ounces (75%)
*Height: 27.5 inches (41%)
Head Circumference: 18.5 inches (99%)
*I'm now convinced the nurses don't know how to measure height. This is the second appointment in a row where they've had to remeasure and added an inch to her height. I KNOW she's taller then this and yes I realize it doesn't truly matter but I find it super annoying they are so far off. I like proper records people!
This past month we've seen a lot of increased movement. Jane still loves to stand more than anything and is cruising more and more each day. She's been squatting to pick things up (while holding on) and has even begun standing solo for a few seconds at a time. She loves climbing up the stairs and if I'm carrying her and heading up she practically lunges forward so she can do it herself. She gets faster each week too.
Jane has been very into waving this month. She will do it in response but will also initiate it. Mimicking us is another favorite thing right now. Grunts, coughs, sticking out her tongue, tongue clicks, etc. Just wants to copy everything!
| Jane loves sticking that tongue out! |
This month sweet Jane has started playing peek-a-boo with us. It's so fun having her initiate the game and laugh so hard when we act startled. We also think Jane might be saying "dada" and meaning Daddy but we're not 100% sure. Hopefully that and "mama" come soon. We sure love her sweet little voice. She is also a bit of a dancer. She loves to groove. The best is when she puts one hand out and bounces. I definitely need to make sure I capture it on video if I haven't already!
Presently we are experiencing a very clingy stage. At home I can barely set Jane down without tears setting in. Forget about walking away. (Jane woke up since I started working on this post and I am currently holding her and typing one handed.) It's a little frustrating at times but at least we know she loves us!
As mentioned in previous posts Jane got to experience her first plane ride, first swim, and first time at the beach. Just working out the traveling kinks before we take her to Spain with us next month!
We've had some issues with Jane and biting which seems to have peaked this month. It's gotten much better but every now and then she still gets us. We joke that between the growling, biting, and her fondness for shoes that Jane is a dog. (Seriously, this girl loves shoes. If she sees you take one of Anna's off she will beeline for it. I'm pretty lax about things in the mouth this time around but this one is disgusting.)
Jane is a very persistent little girl. She will climb over any of us to get to whatever item she wants. She won't stop working for it no matter how much grabbing or body maneuvering it takes. I think this is part of the reason that I'm still up with Jane once at night to eat (although this is still an improvement and she's doing so much better overall. Sleep is so much less stressful then it was at 6 months!)
Jane continues to adore her big sister and it's incredible watching them play together more. It's been such a fun month and I know we have exciting things in store this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment