Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Trees, Boxes, and Books

March was an insane month around here and I've been terrible about posting but I thought I'd try and catch up in a few posts. They may be sort of random but that's all I can manage right now. 

Earlier in March we had a nice weekend so Kevin took a couple days off so that he could work on cutting some trees down in our front yard. The previous owners planted 4 Bradford Pear trees in the front yard and we hate them. For some reason the old owner planted them in between the sidewalk and street. Garbage trucks, delivery trucks, etc always hit the branches, the leaves in the fall are a pain to rake since they are in the street and sidewalk. Grass can't grow because of the density and these sucker branches come up (in the root system of the tree) and look terrible. Well, three of those trees are no more!

We borrowed my Dad's pole saw and Kevin went to town. He cut down pretty much all the branches and then my parents came to town with the trailer and my Dad helped us haul everything off and he brought his chainsaw so we could finish getting the trunks cut down. It was a lot of work but they are gone and we are happy. 

We were very appreciative of the help. My Mom watched the girls so I could assist here and there. Hailie and Seth even helped load up the trailer. It was quite the production. I haven't taken a picture of the yard since they all were removed but I'll try and do that soon. We still have three trees left up front so I don't feel too bad about chopping them down.

Anna enjoyed lunch outside while Jane napped and I helped Kevin out one afternoon. 

 I saved a huge box from a diaper shipment and the girls had a blast. Anna colored it, Jane used it to stand up, and they laughed like crazy crawling around inside. 

I love how a box can keep them busy long enough for me to get something done!

I have a few random pictures of Kevin with the girls so I thought I'd throw them in. I love this one of the girls in their matching pj's reading books. 


Just climbing on Daddy!

Anna was generous and decided to share one of her doggies with Jane. She allowed her to have "other Maddie". So sweet. 


I'll try and get some more posts up from March soon!

No comments: