Thursday, August 6, 2015

Shower Weekend

Now that I'm finally done blogging about our Barcelona trip I can now move on and get to the rest of June which was a very busy month for us. The weekend after we got back we had Michelle's bridal shower, James' bachelor party, and a couples shower for the two which I was helping with. The bridal shower and bachelor party were the same night (the guys ate at our house and stayed the night there.) so Anna, Jane, and I went to Topeka and stayed the night there.

The next day was party prep day for the Luau Themed Couple's Shower.


Anna's naps are hit and miss but when she sleeps she is out. Even with all the noise as people arrived she had trouble waking up. Finally the promise of swinging with Adell outside got her out of the crib. 


Jane was feeling pretty festive. 

The happy couple!

We did our best to get a family picture but this was the best we could manage. 
 
It was so nice seeing some family and friends we hadn't seen in quite a while. People need to get married more often so we can have a great excuse to get together!
Me with Kevin's cousin Val
I was busy with the shower games so Jane and Daddy got to hang out. Anna was busy with Adell but when she heard my voice (I was speaking loudly giving instructions) she suddenly wanted me so Kevin kept pretty busy. 

I'm a little biased since I was helping but I think the shower went really well. 

After the party was over we had fun just hanging outside. It was a really nice weekend (one of the last before the crazy heat hit)

Anna had a blast with sidewalk chalk! Anna insisted that Grandma get traced too and I have some awesome pictures of it but because I want to live I decided not to post them :)


Anna found the chips.

The next day the girls had fun playing dress up. 

Story time. 

And snuggles!


A hectic but very fun weekend. I haven't loaded any pictures from the camera to my computer since Jane's birthday but as soon as I do I will have a post covering Jane's birthday party, Jane's 1 year/family pictures, James and Michelle's wedding and our trip to Colorado! (I told you our summer was crazy busy!)

No comments: