Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The rest of July

After returning from Colorado we were looking forward to having down time and relaxing some. Then our AC went out and had to be replaced. Of course it happens during one of the hottest weeks of the year. We ended up using points and staying in a hotel because it was horrible to be inside. Not the most fun thing to deal with but that's the way home ownership goes.

A more fun activity...swim lessons! We went through Olathe Parks and Rec again and had the girls in the same class. Jane did okay but didn't seem quite ready and Anna (who did awesome last year) barely participated. We're thinking that she will do better in a class where we aren't there so that is the plan for next year. It was still fun though!

We had a fun neighborhood reunion party with all the neighbors that I grew up with. I managed to get zero pictures but the girls had an awesome time swimming. 

Kevin was gone one evening so the girls and I went for out to eat and had fun playing in the playhouse. Jane is getting a little overly confident and wants to do everything Anna does. We went back about a week later and she managed to fall and bonk her head. She cries and then wants back up immediately. I'm in trouble. 

Anna started Activity School at a local gymnastics place. It is not a gymnastics class but essentially just keeping these kids moving constantly for a couple hours. They play outside, run laps, jump, climb equipment, build blocks, play with balloons, play dress up, and more.  I was a little nervous since this is the first time she's gone and done something without me there unless with family. I stayed to watch the first session and it was pretty rough at first. She cried hard for the first 30 minutes and then whimpered and looked very sad for the next 30 minutes. The teachers took turns walking with her and kept encouraging her to participate. Finally she warmed up and had a great time. Afterwards she told me she wanted to go back to "tivity cool". Overall she's doing awesome and seems to be loving it. 


She is now enrolled and goes once a week. I'm no longer staying and it's nice having a chance to run an errand or just spending time with Jane. Last week she was more upset than usual and pouted for about 10 minutes before accepting that she was there so she might as well have fun. Hopefully this week gets started a little more smoothly. 


Some puffs spilled on the floor and the girls beat me to them and began eating them off the floor. I let them. 

It was such a fun month. Now on to blogging about August before the month ends!

No comments: