We kicked off the month by getting our Christmas tree set up. Kevin was out of town so it took a few days but we managed to get it done. I bought new shatterproof ornaments and let the girls "help" decorate. They loved it.
| Anna admiring her ornament |
Jane kept running up to the tree and saying "Pretty" and looking at me with excitement. I was a little worried about broken ornaments this year but Jane did so well with the tree. I had the wall and the end table blocking two sides and put sturdy ornaments in the kid-reach zone.
We went to the Olathe WinterFest to see Santa and the tree lighting. We weren't sure how Santa was going to go this year and it didn't.
The girls managed to have a good time without Santa though. Spin chairs are great fun!
Hugs!
Auntie Amy was passing through town and we had a great time with her. Jane was particularly taken with Amy this trip and cried for her when we were leaving the next morning. It was nice having an evening out with Amy. Definitely long overdue!
I took the girls to this place in Overland Park called "Pintervention" to do a little toddler time. It was really cute. They read a story, do a related craft, make a fun themed snack, and play games. It's geared more towards 2-5 year olds so I knew it could be an interesting morning. Jane was a little distracted and obviously need a lot of help. Luckily they offered plenty of help so Anna wasn't totally on her own.
Anna absolutely loved it! I probably won't go back for awhile until Jane is a little older. It also costs quite a bit more than I usually spend on kid activities but I really wanted this keepsake since it has their fingerprints and was so absolutely adorable!
Kevin's work had their annual Cookies with Santa event and this time Anna did great with Santa and we actually managed to get a picture!
Jane was much more suspicious of this man with a beard but I actually think this picture is pretty hilarious.
There were several great craft stations and Anna had so much fun.
Jane was attached to Kevin and spent some time giving people dirty looks but she eventually came around and ended up having a good time too.
Sticker Fun
I didn't get around to Christmas cookies this year but we did take an evening to make mini gingerbread houses.
This one mainly just ate icing and the candy.
The houses were cute but the girls were on a major sugar high and got to bed way too late that night. It was still fun though!
We went to the Lenexa Community Center for a candy cane hunt (which lasted about 2 seconds for my girls before they were freezing and we went inside), followed by hot chocolate, crafts, and a fun performance by Mr Stinky Feet!
I've been wanting to see Jim Cosgrove perform for some time and I was so excited it finally worked out. Anna and Jane were so cute dancing and it was great!




No comments:
Post a Comment