Tuesday, August 22, 2017

4th of July

I took a TON of pictures on the 4th of July. Mostly of the girls because in my completely unbiased opinion they are absolutely adorable. 

We drove into Topeka on the 3rd and started our holiday a little bit early. In the morning on the 4th we walked to the lake with the doggies.

 Anna has been working on riding her tricycle more (and even the bicycle w/training wheels) so we brought them in with us. Jane is still working on steering so she ended up walking most of the time and Kevin got to carry her trike.


It was a little humid but with the rain early on it wasn't as hot as it often is that time of  year. 


Whenever we walk by this area we have to stop to check out the bunny statues. 


See what I mean? Absolutely adorable 😊

We cut through the grass on the way back so Kevin had the privilege of carrying two tricycles. Not sure what Kevin and his Dad were laughing about but they sure do find it hilarious. 

Dressing up to check out Go 4th activities on the other side of the lake. 
So Fab!
 The hats garnered quite a bit of attention and I overheard numerous complimentary comments (basically about how absolutely adorable they were 😉)


When Kevin would throw the girls up as high as he could I heard gasps of concern. 


 We attempted a photo of me with Anna and Jane but in most of them Anna was frowning. 


I 💗 this photo. 

In the past there has been a big shindig at the Kent's house but the last couple years we've kept it pretty low key. It was fun watching all the little girls play and having a chance to do some fireworks. 

Smoke Bombs pretty much never get old. 

Popsicle break!



Jane was particularly photogenic that afternoon so I couldn't help but to take a ton of pictures. 

When we broke out the sparklers we were very clear about how careful everyone needed to be. All three girls were extremely cautious. 




They loved them though!

Kevin loved them too. 

Basketball time!



I tried to take a few selfies with Anna and Jane but they were not that interested. 

I managed one goofy face. 

As it began to get dark Kevin and Thomas lit some of the bigger fireworks they bought before the big show started. 

They weren't loving the loud sounds so I pulled out their headphones to help a little bit with the loud booms. It worked great and both Anna and Jane stayed outside during the show for the first time. While I loved sitting inside with Jane last year and Anna a couple years ago I much prefer being outside. They loved the show and wanted more.


 It was a wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July with many wonderful memories made. 

No comments: