Then it was time for Mom and I to get started on our garage sale. We had a ton of stuff to go through in the basement and managed to throw away a bunch of stuff too. I did take a little time out from sale duty to have lunch with my friend Amy. We ate at On the Border, she took me to the Capital Journal (she had an internship there this summer) where I got to meet a good friend, and we had coffee with her friend Reese (he's 93 and adorable).
Here is Hailie on "Black Day" at school. I wanted to take her picture and she immediately started posing for me. This was my favorite of the bunch.
Here is a shot of just a portion of the stuff that went into our garage sale. We got so busy that I failed to take a before and after picture of the basement...but we were pretty proud of our progress. The garage sale in our minds was a success. It was a great day for the sale considering the week before it was pouring rain during the neighborhood sale. We sold quite a bit of stuff and whatever didn't go we put at the end of the driveway with a free sign. It is amazing what people will take for free! We were just happy to have it not going back into the garage. Aunt Laura also came to help out and it was great having here there. She got us lunch and kept us company. She also was a huge help later in the day when I needed to go because Amy had an extra ticket to the KU game (Sorry folks...I mostly just went to hang out with my friend.)
I felt pretty bad about going until my dad was invited to go to the game also with a free extra ticket. Amy made me wear one of her shirts...but dad stood true and didn't wear blue. (Although some KU fans pointed out that yellow was the beak color). We only stayed for the first half of the game and took off afterward. It was just fun being at a game with a close friend.
Even though we were exhausted by the end of the week, the kids and I still managed to get some reading in. I loved being able to hang out with them and tickle and kiss and hug them. It was an awesome first week and I could hardly believe how quickly it went by.
No comments:
Post a Comment