First stop was the mini train. We took a ride around the park and then just hung out by the playground next to the train for awhile. Next, we headed over to the carousel on the other side of the park.
I loved every minute I got to spend with the kids. They are constantly making me laugh and being able to spend so much time with them was truly a blessing.
After mom got off of work on Sunday we headed to Scott City to visit Grandma and Grandpa Koch. I hadn't seen them in about 3 years and I hadn't been out to Scott in about 10 years. It was definitely time. We were stayed the night at their house Sunday night and picked them up Monday morning from the nursing home to spend the day at their house. They were so surprised and happy to see us and to get to go home for a bit. They stayed until after dinner until we finally had to take them back for their evening meds. Mom and I then enjoyed a little girl time by eating popcorn and watching a movie. A great day.
Tuesday we went to say goodbye to grandma and grandpa before packing up our stuff to head back home. We had a little adventure in that our tire was flat and we had to get it replaced before leaving town. We were just grateful that we took care of it before getting on the road and being stranded!! Overall it was a short but absolutely wonderful trip. It was a priority for me to get out there while I was home and I am so happy I made it happen. It will be a trip I will remember for a very long time.
We even managed to stop and get some Pat's Beef Jerky on the way home. For those of you who don't know about this, it is the most amazing beef jerky I have ever had in my entire life. When I finally took a bite it did not disappoint. My only grievance occurred when I left my jerky back in Topeka after returning home. It is okay though, mom is going to send it to me soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment