That evening, Kara drove in from Emporia and we all met at Heather's house. We all ate out at the Brick Oven and had such a great time catching up. I hadn't heard from Lindsey in over a year since the last time we were all together a year ago May. It was way overdue. We talked and laughed like teenagers for hours. After dinner we headed over to Heather's parents house to take a couple of group shots. Below is me, Kara, Lindsey, and Heather for those that don't know them.
Heather is currently expecting a baby so we thought we should get a fun photo of us "talking" to the baby. We decided it should be tradition from now on becuase we couldn't stop laughing. Heather just found out a couple of days ago that they are having a little girl!! I'm so excited for her and I can't wait till next year so I can meet her! Congrats Heather!
After catching up with the girls it was back to Kansas City to pick up Kevin from the airport. I was so happy to see him after have been away for so long. Thursday we picked the kids up from school and they were so excited to see Kevin. Not to mention the fact that they were "picked up" which apparantly is a big deal to kindergarden and first graders. We hung out for a little while before heading off to the Auburn Fair.
Seth LOVES the fair and has been talking about all week since he saw them setting up. It was so fun hanging out with them. It is amazing how something as simple as the Auburn Fair can entertain for hours!
Kevin and I left early from the fair to go and have dinner with Kevin's family at Outback. Only Scott was missing since he had to work. Friday was spent hanging out at the Kent's new house and grocery shopping for weekend events with friends and family. On Friday night we enjoyed "Make your own pizza night" with family friends (The Watkins and Brandy). We had a blast looking at all of the creations and tasting different pizza's. Brandy was the winner with her simple pepperoni and beef pizza. (Her presentation was excellent so she earned creative points as well)
After dinner we played guesstures and some other games and had a blast. I laughed so hard that day that I think my sides hurt by the end of the evening.
Saturday we headed to Garnett for a Kent Family Reunion. We chatted with family and ate lunch and I gave myself a sugar overload with desserts. Between homemade ice cream, homemade root beer, cookies, brownies, and more I didn't think I'd eat anything sweet for ages. Kevin, a couple of his brothers, and their cousin Mark enjoyed a game a football while I took a spin on the merry-go-round. Overall it was a fun day.
After getting back from Garnett, we headed over to the Copp house for dinner. We played marbles (aka aggravation), ate sherbet, and played with the kids for hours. I think we exhausted the kids since we kept them up way past their bedtime...but it was worth the late night.
I'm kind of exhausted just by posting this half of the week. It was insane but so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment