Since the garage sale had come to an end, it was time for Mom and I to get started on the fun stuff which included decorating Hailie and Seth's rooms. We did a lot of painting, gluing, and shopping and while we didn't completely finish, the rooms are really looking great. It was a blast pulling up old furniture from the basement and being creative in how we incorporated it into the room. We also managed to stop by the office supply store and buy a few things for ourselves. Label makers, multi-colored thin sharpie's, and highlighters. We were in heaven! (If you hadn't already guessed we are a couple of nerds!!)
Mom and I also got a fair amount of walking in while I was there. We would have like to have done more, but between new blinds going in the house, kid activities, and home decor, we quickly found ourselves running short on time.
Although I was having a blast being home with my family and friends, one major thing was missing...Kevin. Hailie and I both wrote notes to Kevin and mailed them so he would know we hadn't forgot about him. Kevin later told me that we laughed and smiled when he got his letter so our plan worked!!
No comments:
Post a Comment