Friday, September 14, 2012

Baby Update: 26 and 27 weeks

These last two weeks wrapped up the second trimester for me. Hard to believe we are 2/3 of the way to meeting little Baby K! I'm definitely feeling more pregnant lately (as if nausea, vomiting, and back aches weren't clues enough). I find myself making little grunting noises more often when I am rearranging myself in bed throughout the night and picking things up or reaching for things on the coffee table while sitting on the couch.


This last weekend we were lucky enough to have Kevin and Patti in town. While I have a separate blog post planned I decided to throw in a few things here since it is baby related. One of our missions was to find a dresser for the baby's room. I had one in mind from Ikea so we made the drive to go and get it. We spotted it on display right away but upon further investigation we found out it was temporarily oversold. Apparently this particular dresser was shown on some home show and every store was sold out of it in white. I was pretty bummed since we'd made the 2 hour drive just for that and now we were going to have to come back another time for it. We still had fun wandering around Ikea though because that place is awesome.

I started getting a little tired (I was wearing flip flops like a dummy and all the walking on concrete was not helping out). Kevin ran off for a minute and when he came back he had a wheelchair for me! At first I was thinking..."well this is embarrassing". Almost immediately after having that thought I then was more like "that actually looks really nice...I'll just sit down". Then I was like..."This is AMAZING and my husband rocks".


I was much happier at that point and I could have stayed all day. On the way toward the exit we had to walk (or wheel)  by the area where you pick up what you want to buy. Since I was being pushed I suggested we just go over to the area where the dresser would have been. As we came close we saw the most incredible thing....one last dresser, in white, sitting there waiting for us. Patti and I were pretty giddy at this point. We just couldn't believe there was one left just for us!!!
 We got home pretty late that night but Kevin and his Dad dove right in and started putting it together. There were so many pieces and would have taken forever...especially since I'm not as useful crawling around the floor as I used to be.
The men hard at work
 A picture of the final product! I love it! I plan on getting different knobs for the top row to add a little fun. This will also be our changing area so the decor is temporary until we get the changing pad. (note the awesome diaper cake)

A better view of our crib. It is storage for baby clothes and books right now...I'm still deciding on bedding, etc.
Grandma Koch's quilt
 I wasn't sure if I should put this picture in or not. The room is still a work in progress. We can't paint the walls so I debated forever on getting white furniture or not. I decided that by the time I add in a colorful rug and curtains plus other wall accessories that I can make it work. A rug is on order as we speak and I'm stalking the Internet for curtain ideas.
I love the light fixture we got at Ikea
I've been feeling pretty good overall. I definitely get tired much easier and I can slowly feel the exhaustion of the first trimester slowly creeping back. There have been a couple of bad moments but for the most part I can't complain too much. (Well...I can but I'm not going to).


At my doctor's appointment this week Baby K's heartbeat was once again 150 bpm. This week she is growing to approximately 16 in and 2.5 lbs.  I went in for blood work including the gestational diabetes screening test. That was on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything back yet. The doctor told me they wouldn't call unless my glucose was elevated so I'm hoping that I passed since it's been 3 days already. I'm now on to appointments every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks so that is kind of exciting. These last three months are going to go by so fast. With that being said...I'm going to go eat something and get back to hunting for curtains. Look for a couple more blog posts coming soon...

No comments: