While we anxiously wait for our doctor's appointment tomorrow I figured I could go ahead and get this post up from Kevin and Patti's visit a few weekends ago. They were making the drive up with the car we bought back in July and we can't express enough how appreciative we are. It is a long drive. After they rolled in we went out to Main street for dinner. Kevin and I realized that we haven't really spent much time over there. There are a lot of cool shops that we are going to have to check out in the future.
The next day we took some time to check out Dow Gardens. While Kevin and I had been twice before this was by far the best weather for it. The flowers were gorgeous and I think we all had a lovely time.

There was lots of art throughout the gardens but this was a favorite. I wish I could remember what it is called.
The next day we took some time to check out Dow Gardens. While Kevin and I had been twice before this was by far the best weather for it. The flowers were gorgeous and I think we all had a lovely time.
There was lots of art throughout the gardens but this was a favorite. I wish I could remember what it is called.
| Kevin getting involved in the art |
After grabbing lunch it was time for our day trip to Ikea for the dresser. In case you missed it the details of this trip can be found here. We felt a little bad that there was more driving involved after our guests had already made a long drive to Michigan but we were victorious so I think it made it all worth it.
| The Kevin's having fun with the displays |
For dinner we grilled out at our house and then we had a little time before dark to go and see the Tridge. It was a gorgeous sunset and with the chill in the air it really felt like fall.
We even walked across the third segment of the tridge where neither Kevin or I had been before. The big mystery was a little anti-climactic. If I remember correctly it took us to a parking lot and some softball fields. I have a video of the third side of the tridge but it's a new memory card and I'm having trouble loading the video right now. If I can get it later I'll try and post it.
| Kevin admiring the reflection |
We loved having Kevin and Patti for the weekend and we really wish we could have had them for longer. Having our second vehicle is wonderful (although paying Michigan car insurance isn't that fun...it's insanely expensive-much more than in California and Kansas) we love having the flexibility of two cars. We're so appreciative of all our parents do for us. Thank your Kevin and Patti for everything. Love you lots.


No comments:
Post a Comment