Once again I am behind on my blog posts. The last couple of weeks have been jam packed with visitors, traveling, and fun and I'm going to do my best to get caught up before I leave for Phoenix next week. Here it goes!
Labor day weekend meant travel for us to Canada to celebrate Colin and Andi's marriage. They were married at the San Francisco Courthouse back in April with their parents present but since they are both from Peterborough, ON they wanted to have a celebration for everyone back home. With Sarah and Jonathan in Boston, us in Michigan, and Brian and Moria moving to New York it worked out wonderfully for all of us to go!
Kevin and I had Moria for a couple of days before we started our drive. I accompanied Moria while she tried on some wedding dresses and we took in a Jason Mraz concert down closer to Ann Arbor. I didn't have my camera that day but when I get some pics from Moria I'll put them in a 'Summer Fun' post of things I haven't blogged about.
Once Kevin got off of work on Friday we started our drive to Toronto. It is only about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Midland. We wanted to eat at someplace 'uniquely Canadian' so we decided on Moose Winooski's.
We stayed at a hotel in the airport making it easy for Brian to get to us after arriving from his red eye flight from California. He had commitments until that Friday and that was the soonest he could get in. He grabbed a little sleep before we got ourselves ready and drove another 1 1/2 or so to Peterborough for the reception.
We made it! The reception was at the Harvey Homestead and everything looked beautiful!
Labor day weekend meant travel for us to Canada to celebrate Colin and Andi's marriage. They were married at the San Francisco Courthouse back in April with their parents present but since they are both from Peterborough, ON they wanted to have a celebration for everyone back home. With Sarah and Jonathan in Boston, us in Michigan, and Brian and Moria moving to New York it worked out wonderfully for all of us to go!
Kevin and I had Moria for a couple of days before we started our drive. I accompanied Moria while she tried on some wedding dresses and we took in a Jason Mraz concert down closer to Ann Arbor. I didn't have my camera that day but when I get some pics from Moria I'll put them in a 'Summer Fun' post of things I haven't blogged about.
Once Kevin got off of work on Friday we started our drive to Toronto. It is only about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Midland. We wanted to eat at someplace 'uniquely Canadian' so we decided on Moose Winooski's.
| Kevin and Moria enjoying the gorgeous weather! |
We made it! The reception was at the Harvey Homestead and everything looked beautiful!
I'm still amazed that it worked out so well for all of us to make it. Sarah and Jonathan had a little bit longer drive from Boston (10 hours) but I'm so glad they didn't let that stop them!
We are so happy for Colin and Andi. They have been together such a long time and have done much of it long distance. They are an amazing couple and we couldn't be happier for them.
| Andi and Colin giving a thank you toast |

It was hot out but the shade felt great and there was hardly a cloud in sight. It was fun getting to meet both Colin and Andi's families and getting to hear good stories from their childhood as well.

It's hard to believe it had been over a year since we had all been together at the same time. It truly felt like no time had passed at all. As the main party dwindled down a we all changed and a bbq began that took us into the evening. More delicious food and a bonfire complete with s'mores topped off a wonderful day.

The next day we had breakfast back at our hotel in downtown Peterborough before heading out to a lake to spend the afternoon. Friends of Andi's have a cottage that they were kind enough to allow all of Andi and Colin's friends to use.
After spending the afternoon relaxing the gang managed to get rid of me and Kevin for a little bit and set up for a surprise baby shower. (I have a separate post for this so we'll just skip over it for now)
We'd already said goodbye to Colin and Andi the night before but the rest of us had just enough time for breakfast in the morning before we had to hit the road to get back. Moria and Brian left with Sarah and Jonathan to continue their time off before settling into Ithaca, NY.


No comments:
Post a Comment