I loaded these pictures a few days ago but then I started watching 'Prison Break' on Netflix and blogging got put on the back burner. I'm up in the middle of the night and instead of finishing the episode I started last night I decided to be productive and finish this post.
I mentioned previously that our California peeps threw us a surprise baby shower while we were in Canada. They somehow managed to get rid of both me and Kevin for a bit to set things up. I'm impressed they accomplished this without raising suspicions. (In hindsight there were clues). Basically we were sent back to the hotel for a bit and then we were to come back to Colin's parents house for dinner. When we arrived, the gazebo had been transformed into a Baby Bungalow!
It worked out great and they were able to use many of the decorations from the reception since there was pink involved. Everything looked adorable!
We were spoiled with gifts and there was even a perrier/apple juice toast for Baby K!
Colin and Andi felt that since we were finally on their turf they should introduce us to something Canadian. Their choice....poutine. Sounds a little sketchy right? Poutine is a dish that originated out of Quebec and in its purest form consists of french fries, gravy, and cheese curds. Pretty amazing right? I did learn based on some others responses to this dish that I most likely have never experienced heartburn before.
| Yummy Poutine! |
During our time in California, Cranium is a game that we played quite a bit. To honor this, we played Baby Cranium. Sarah and Moria replaced all the cards in each category with baby themed cards. There were baby songs to hum, baby trivia to answer, celebrities expecting babies to act out, baby terms to unscramble and spell backwards, and much more. It really was the perfect game for this shower and the effort put in is just incredible!
![]() |
| Baby Cranium |
The winners of the first round!
There were even prizes for the winners but Kevin stole mine.
Kevin and I switched teams for the second round but my team still managed to win. Take that Kevin!
These are some amazing ladies who really pulled off a fantastic shower. They planned it from long distance (plus Andi was a little busy planning her reception so I don't know how they found the time). We couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the last night of our trip. We really are lucky to have made such incredible friends during our time in California.
I should have gotten the group shot while it was still light out but I couldn't have us leave without at lease ONE picture of all of us together. It has been such a big year or so for everyone. There have been thesis defenses and Ph.D.'s earned, moves across the country, two engagements, a wedding, and a baby on the way. I am beyond thrilled that we were all able to get together to celebrate that weekend and we look forward to next summer to celebrate what this next year brings.






No comments:
Post a Comment