Now that we've been back in Kansas almost a month already I suppose I should get caught up! Getting back was a little insane to say the least. Thomas flew in the night before moving day (A huge thank you to Thomas for all of his help) and we got up early to get things loaded in the trailer that Kevin bought. We'd sold a lot of our furniture and the plan was to fit everything else in the trailer and SUV. Well...not everything fit. We had to end up getting rid of a few pieces of furniture I would have liked to have kept (a bookshelf, console table, and TV stand....nothing of extreme value but I liked them) and we had to donate/pitch various other things from laundry baskets to cleaning supplies. The original plan was for me to be cleaning while the guys were loading but that wasn't able to happen. Before I knew it I was headed to the airport with Anna and it was all out of my hands. (This flight was by far the worst in terms of traveling with Anna and I'm hoping I never have to travel alone with a baby on an airplane again!)
The guys finished up but somewhere in the craziness of the day Lupin got out of the house. The guys looked for him but were never able to find him. They had to start the drive that night and couldn't wait around for him to show up so he got left behind. I'm pretending that he became a nice cat and someone took him in rather than other not so pleasant alternatives. Poor Lupin :(
The guys drove through the night and arrived late the next morning extremely exhausted. After looking at the car we were all amazed and thankful that they made it back in one piece. I'll be happy once we sell the trailer and I never have to look at it again.

The next day we were all exhausted but we got Anna all dressed up for Easter anyway. She was such a cutie that day!
The guys finished up but somewhere in the craziness of the day Lupin got out of the house. The guys looked for him but were never able to find him. They had to start the drive that night and couldn't wait around for him to show up so he got left behind. I'm pretending that he became a nice cat and someone took him in rather than other not so pleasant alternatives. Poor Lupin :(
The guys drove through the night and arrived late the next morning extremely exhausted. After looking at the car we were all amazed and thankful that they made it back in one piece. I'll be happy once we sell the trailer and I never have to look at it again.
The next day we were all exhausted but we got Anna all dressed up for Easter anyway. She was such a cutie that day!
I was against any family pictures due to the handle bar mustache Kevin decided to sport that day but Patti caught us.
It took a bit to get things unpacked and organized. We're storing stuff we aren't using in Thomas and Serena's basement so there has been a lot of back and forth trying to find various things we've decided we don't need or do need. We're pretty settled in the lower half of Kevin and Patti's house now (we're very thankful for them letting us stay with them) and Anna seems to have adjusted pretty well.
There have been a few nice days so we've been trying to take advantage of being next to Lake Shawnee. Hopefully more nice days will be coming soon...I have so many cute dresses to put Anna in and I'm just waiting on the sunshine!
It's been nice having this time as a family and I'm very thankful for it. Now that we're settled the job hunt is on but we're going to continue to enjoy our time.
We took Anna to Baby Bookworms at the library last week and I'm planning on taking Anna every week (unless she's napping like she was this past week). I'm also looking into this Parents and Teachers program that I've heard hosts play dates so I can meet some other Mommy's in the area. A lot of my friends from Topeka have scattered so the search is on!
I'm holding off on a true Anna update until after I take her 5 month pictures this weekend. I can't believe she's 5 months already! I will say that she is very grabby but is a lot of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment