Thursday, April 11, 2013

Midland Farewells

Before leaving Midland we tried to cram in as many goodbyes as we could. I also tried to take more pictures than I normally do. I realized that I had barely any photos of friends and haven't really posted much about the great people we met during our time in Michigan.

We had lunch with our friends Elise and Craig. I worked with Elise when I was doing the temporary position at Dow and both of them work for Dow right now. Elise was one of the ladies who hosted the surprise baby shower and they cooked us several meals during my time on bed rest and then again right after Anna was born.

I met Kathryn at the baby shower (we knew her husband before that) and I've really enjoyed getting to know her and her darling little girl, Alice. Kathryn organized a Midland Mom's group on facebook and told me about Baby Time at the library. She played a key role in getting the library play dates together and was a great resource to me for all kinds of baby questions. She let me borrow several baby items to see if I liked them which saved us a bunch of money! We had one last play date over at our place the week before we left. I'm going to miss her so much!

Our friends Will and Kristin threw a little going away party for us the weekend before we left Midland. It was last minute so not everyone could make it but we were so happy to get to spend some time with the people who were there. Will and Kristin even let us stay the night with Anna so that we wouldn't have to leave our own party before 9pm. They have been amazing friends to us throughout our time there and we are really going to miss them! (and their dog Copper too).
Kristin, Lindsey, Kathyrn, me, and Elise
Kevin, Matt, Will, and Craig
 Group Shot!

Some of Kevin's co-workers organized a going away lunch and I managed to get in a group photo.

Our friend Sarah, who was out of town for the going away party, was able to stop by for lunch one day to say goodbye to me and Anna. She brought some champagne and Michigan chocolate covered cherries so that we'd have a "Sweet Send Off". She'll definitely be missed!

Steve, Aimee, and their son Jason (also out of town during our party) stopped by on moving day to say goodbye. Their house was very very close to where we were living and if we'd still been there it would have been nice to go on walks in the nicer weather.  
The day before moving day we decided to take Anna to Dow Gardens so we could check out the Butterflies. Kristin had her nice camera there and took some pictures for us. I'm going to post those separately but I thought I'd throw this picture in. I know I mentioned before...but we are really really really going to miss Kristin and her husband Will. I know our paths will cross again though!


Goodbye Michigan!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: