Rewind back to the beginning of the month. Per tradition we headed to Topeka to celebrate Independence Day at the Kent's. Jane wasn't even 3 weeks old but she couldn't miss her first 4th of July by the lake. It was a little crazy getting out the door with both girls (we were staying the night so a lot of stuff was required) but we made it.
| Jane just hanging out with Gama |
Since Jane was so young and there were going to be a lot of people out for the party we put forth a Grandparents only rule for holding Jane. Kevin's Aunt Connie and Uncle Bill were there before everyone showed up so they were able to get some snuggles in. :)
| Aunt Connie meeting Jane |
Anna was a little overwhelmed by all the people at the house but she mostly just coped by playing outside all evening. Luckily it wasn't insanely hot out like it is some years so she was able to stay out there most of the time. There were several babies there so she had to share the baby swing and actually got to ride the glider for the first time. She's growing up so fast!
| Grandpa playing with Anna |
My mom took advantage of the grandparents only rule and held Jane for a long time. It was nice for her and me...I was able to chase Anna around and visit with people I hadn't seen in awhile.
| Grandma snuggles |
When it started getting dark out we brought out a few Target Dollar Aisle toys for the girls to play with. Anna was pretty much obsessed with hers even though you can't tell by her expression in this picture.
We weren't really sure how Anna was going to do with the big fireworks display (The Kent house is by Lake Shawnee so we take advantage of the big show from the front yard). As soon as the show started Anna got really nervous and upset so I took her inside. We ended up watching them from the front window. Anna wanted to hug me for the first part but eventually she would lean closer to the window and say "pretty". I loved watching her expressions as she took in her first fireworks. It was amazing.
Earlier in the evening I made an attempt at a picture with my girl but she wasn't really cooperating. This was the best I could do. I tried getting one with Kevin and Anna but Anna wouldn't hold still long enough for a decent picture.
The next day we headed out to breakfast with Kevin's family. Joe was leaving right afterward to head back to Austin so we didn't want to miss saying goodbye to him.
| Joe and Anna's goodbye kisses |
Shortly after Joe left the rest of us were getting up to leave. It was then that I discovered that Anna had a massive poop that had leaked out of her diaper. (She was wearing a dress so it was all over the high chair). Kevin and I had to come up with a strategy at that point for dealing with this. I pulled her dress up and tucked it up so it wouldn't get poop on it. Kevin took supplies and picked Anna up to head to the bathroom while I dealt with the highchair. From what I heard people were parting to make way for Kevin. It was pretty nasty but we all had a pretty good laugh over it.
| Just rockin' outside Cracker Barrel |
After getting a bath we eventually packed up and headed over to my parents house for dinner. We attempted a nap for Anna but it wasn't happening.
After dinner we got Anna in her jammies and let her swing while we finished getting ready to head home. She ended up crashing in the car and slept in for us the next day which was great....it was a fun weekend but we were pretty exhausted by the time it was all said and done.
| Swinging with her Maddie Dog |
Luckily we had Sunday to partially recover before starting a new week. It was a blast but very exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment