I'm a couple weeks late in posting this since Jane is already 6 weeks old but I didn't want to skip it! On July 15th our little lady turned 1 month old...where in the world did the time go?!?!
Jane is turning out to be a pretty chill baby. Not sure if it is because she's our second and we are more relaxed, if it's just being a different baby, or both. She is also a pretty great sleeper. At 1 month we were already getting 4-5 hour stretches of sleep most nights which is pretty nice for us :) Anna never took a pacifier and Jane does so that could also play a role in how things seem "easier".
During these picture attempts I made a very bad decision. I placed the sticker on the edge of the coffee table while we were getting Jane ready. Anna, who had just woken up, saw the sticker and grabbed it and put it on her tummy. Without even thinking I grabbed the sticker off of her and put it on Jane. It was silent for a little bit and then all of a sudden we heard a loud scream/cry. Anna was soooo upset about that sticker and I felt pretty terrible. I rocked her for a bit to calm her down and then we put her next to Jane to take some sister pictures.
All was going well until we moved Anna to the middle of the chair for better pictures and that started the meltdown all over again. We did what every good parent does though and snapped a few pictures of our bawling toddler to document it properly.
We decided to give the pictures another go the next day during Anna's nap. (Next time I will have a sticker for Anna if she's awake during). You may be wondering where the chalkboard is. We decided it was too much work and we're going for the stickers this time around. Kevin, who was in charge of the board, was a little tired of me being so picky about how he drew the numbers. With two kiddos we are going to be lucky to get the pictures every month so why not make it easier right?
Over Jane's first month she has begun focusing on things more and along with being awake longer she's moving her arms and legs around more and more. I don't have a 1 month weight for her but based on her two week weight and the fact that I've been packing up newborn clothes like crazy I know she's got to be getting closer to 10 pounds. She's getting stronger and stronger every day and we love how she's filling out.
It's hard to believe how quickly the summer has flown by since Jane was born and her it is...almost August. I have grand plans of getting more posted soon so let's see if I can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment