Kevin had the entire week off when Jane was born and once we were all home it was wonderful having time to bond with our little family. We had Jane's first doctor's appointment at 4 days old and we all headed in. Anna did a pretty good job of entertaining herself while we waited for the doctor.
| Look at me!!!! |
Jane's appointment went well. She had gained a few ounces back after having lost 9% at discharge (they don't like babies to lose more than 10%) so we were pleased. Here's our little cutie in her carseat. It is strange seeing a tiny baby in it again!
Anna was a good sport and just chilled while were loading Jane into the car.
| This girl loves her books. |
Later that day we headed over to a playground so Anna could get some energy out. Slides and swings make for a happy toddler.
On another day I was enjoying some time with both my girls. Reading to Anna while nursing Jane. Kevin grabbed a picture before heading outside to fix our lawnmower. Shortly after this picture was taken there was mass chaos. I had to burp Jane and continue feeding her while Anna wanted back up to read some more. I was having trouble communicating to a hungry and tired toddler that she needed to wait just a minute and then we could read some more. When Kevin walked back in we were pretty much all in tears. We have since come up with a better system...it's all about trial and error!
Jane had her first sponge bath and did NOT enjoy it.
Anna hanging out before bedtime.
Anna gets excited whenever she sees the baby. Whenever we put her on her play mat she is down there to touch the baby and play too.
This is the first time Anna got to hold her little sister and this picture is now one of our favorites.
It was so wonderful having Kevin home that first week and I only wish he could have more time off. He sure loves his girls and I pretty much fall in love with him all over again whenever I see him like this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment