Although it's a lot of work getting out of the house with both girls by myself I try to do so at least a couple times a week. We've been going to summer playgroups twice a week and we've even done a few trips to the grocery store. Since it isn't always feasible to leave I've been trying to come up with fun activities for Anna so that she doesn't get too bored. I find that she has fewer tantrums if we get outside or do something new.
This particular activity was messy but Anna really enjoyed it. A jello sensory bin with various things inside. It was going to be ocean themed but it turned into more of a lake/little mermaid theme because that's what I had handy.
She was pretty excited when I brought it out and she examined it for awhile before tentatively touching things.
Eventually she was digging in and having a blast. She would take a handful of jello and rub it all over the duck, fish, mermaid, etc.
I had a trash bag set out in an attempt to contain the mess but it didn't really help all that much. I wasn't too worried though since we were outside and I was able to hose off the deck.
Anna enjoyed bringing over all the creatures for me to "rinse" off. She would take them out of the jello and put them in the water and then repeat. She absolutely loved it!
It was bath time afterward and then she was ready for a nap. We just got a water table for Anna so hopefully I can get it put together soon and I'll have some good pictures from that to post!
No comments:
Post a Comment