Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Jane: 3 Months!

Our sweet little Jane turned 3 months old this week! I feel like I say this every month but I'm just amazed at how much she's grown and changed.

Over this past month Jane has become so much more alert and has continued to focus on things much more. Sometimes she'll be in the Pack 'N Play while I'm tending to Anna, cooking, etc and I'll peek over and say hi. She'll then break out in the biggest smile and it warms my heart every time. 


This little lady has been kicking up a storm this month. Anna has even noticed it and likes to say "Jane. Kicking". Jane also discovered her hands and enjoys chewing on them like crazy. She continues to produce lots of spit and her little spit bubbles are adorable. She's also started gripping more and more often. Sometimes Anna will give her a toy and say "Share". When Anna doesn't take it back, Jane holds onto it and will either wave it or try to eat it. She also pulls up her dress/shirt/blanket to her face a lot. 


Sleep this month has been pretty variable. We occasionally get a 7-8 hour stretch still but she's been waking up up between 2 and 3am more often. It would help if Kevin and I could get ourselves to bed a little earlier once both girls are asleep but we have a hard time accomplishing this. It's nice having a little "down time" without any kiddos to tend to. 


Last week we got our first laughs from Jane which was amazing. She isn't laughing every day (although she teases us by almost laughing a lot) but we're having fun trying to get them out of her. Jane is also responding to Anna with lots of smiles and that is incredible to watch. They seem so fond of each other...Anna adores her and we look forward to them playing together in the future. 


The last couple of weeks Jane has also had her little tongue out most of the time. She'll just be sitting there with it sticking out and even smile with it sticking out. It's pretty fun to watch and I was excited she did it for at least one picture. 


I thought I'd thrown in one picture from my phone of the girls together. Anna tells us "Jane. next" when she wants to sit next to her.

We sure love this little lady and we look forward to seeing what the next month will bring!



No comments: