Last week Kevin was out of town from Sunday through Friday. He left from Topeka since we were there that weekend so after grabbing breakfast with Kevin's family I headed over to my parents for the day before heading back to Olathe. We managed to have some fun...
Anna found some of Hailie's old play stuff and we turned her into a princess. She spent a lot of that week talking about princesses.
| Princess Anna |
Grandma Paula took Anna outside to play for awhile.
| Looking cool in their shades. |
After I finished feeding Jane we decided to get her in on the fun too. Anna enjoyed pushing her (until she got hit by the swing...luckily she wasn't going very fast)
It was such a nice evening that we decided we'd take a walk around the block. Anna normally would go nuts over this. I was unable to get her to take a nap that afternoon so she was getting pretty tired.
She was so tired she had to lay down in the street.
During dinner she began falling asleep in her chair the poor thing was so sleepy. I wiped her up and moved her to the bean bag where she passed out for awhile. It made the ride home interesting. Anna was crabby the first part and then Jane woke up upset which made Anna upset again. I was very happy to get home that night....
I was sort of dreading Kevin being gone for an entire week but it went well for the most part. There were some crazy times for sure (like bath and bedtime when both girls had needs at the same time) but we survived...and didn't watch a crazy amount of Daniel Tiger either :)
| Keeping busy! |
One night I thought it would be a good idea to make cupcakes and that got a little hectic but Anna had fun helping. When she finally got to eat one she was so excited (there were mini cupcakes) and she stared at it and laughed for a long time before actually eating it.
| Cupcakes! |
Our playgroups started back up that week which helped a lot. The week was also broken up some when my Mom came to spend the day with us. I took Anna to playgroup solo which was nice for me and it gave us a little time just the two of us.
| Grandma snuggles! |
The help that day was wonderful and just having another adult in the house was really nice. I'm very thankful she was able to get the day off of work to spend with us!
Anna was all full of love and was very generous with the hugs and kisses. The girls are used to a little more one on one attention in the evenings when there are two of us and I think they were missing it a little bit.
| Anna with Grandma and her "friends" |
Anna kept saying "Daddy. home" and I kept having to tell her he was in Boston. I loved hearing her repeat "Boston" back to me. She was missing Daddy for sure but we did video chat one evening. It was fun seeing how excited Anna was to talk to Daddy over the computer.
Daddy got home Friday night and we were all so happy to see him! He has to be gone again next week but it's just for a day (two evenings) which I am thankful for. Hopefully no more traveling for the rest of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment