Sunday, December 14, 2014

Jane's First Food and The Girls

Since we're already well into December I'm needing to wrap up November so I can move forward. I know there will be lots of activities (in addition to those we've already had) and I don't want to get too far behind on posts like I did last year around this time.

Over Thanksgiving weekend we decided to go ahead and introduce Jane to her first solids. We were pretty excited. She'd been showing interest in our food and was always watching us eat and she really seemed ready.

We started with avocado and even let Anna give the first bite.

She did not seem to care for it too much as you can probably tell from her expression. I love the faces that she made. 


Since the avocado Jane has had sweet potato, butternut squash, peaches, and oatmeal. I started offering her the food a little earlier in the day which has made a big difference. She's also getting the hang of it and will lean in for things that she likes. She did not care for the peaches too much and she definitely let me know. (I was using frozen peaches and they were a bit on the tart side). I wish I had pictures of her face then.
What are you guys doing to me???

I wanted to throw in a few pictures of the girls from this fall. This is Anna outside helping Daddy dig out the area where we put our new shed. She loves being outside but it's been so cold and/or rainy that she hasn't had many opportunities lately. 


While they were outside Jane and I had fun inside. I had to snap a few pictures of Jane with her tongue out. She had a couple weeks where she didn't stick it out as much but then started back up. I hadn't realized how much I'd missed it until she began again. 

Anna loves playing on the ground with Jane and always wants us to do tummy time with her. I like this picture because you can really see Jane's red hair. 

 Anna is so sweet with her baby sister even though she likes to take toys from her. When we tell her that she has to let Jane finish playing with something before she can have it Anna likes to inform us that "Jane don't like it". We hear this a lot these days....


It's so fun seeing these two together. Jane lights up when she sees Anna. Hearing them laugh together is amazing.

This picture is actually back from October but I love it so wanted to share. 

 Sister snuggles!

No comments: