There was a neighborhood Halloween parade on our street that we went to. It was the first (hopefully annual) parade and we had a really nice time. Several houses have sold this year so there were quite a few new neighbors we had a chance to meet.
Anna and Jane wanted to be birds again and I was fine with re-using the costumes. After how much time I spent last year making them I was thrilled they would get used again.
After we walked in the parade we had fun playing games and eating snacks and treats. It was so nice of the neighbors that hosted this and we're looking forward to helping out in the future.
| "Catch the donut!" |
Sister birds!
On Halloween we all dressed up for trick-or-treating. Kevin had a hat and was supposed to be a bird watcher but without the hat he sort of just looked like a creeper. I can't laugh too much at him though since I was a nerdy bee.
Both girls were so incredibly cute trick-or-treating this year. Anna was great about ringing the doorbell and quickly getting out of the way so the door could be opened. Jane was awesome about saying "Happy Halloween" back to people too
. This was by far the most fun I've had on Halloween with girls so far. Jane lacked the stamina though and after we'd covered our street she was ready to head home so I took her back.
Kevin and Anna forged ahead and hit up quite a few houses. We had convinced her to let me take her first round of candy back with us (promising not to eat any of it of course) and it was a good thing because she had that bucket full when they returned.
No comments:
Post a Comment